My Challenge with Extended Lucid Dreams

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
FloatGuru

My Challenge with Extended Lucid Dreams

Postby FloatGuru » 18 Jul 2016 00:47

This morning I had an extended lucid dream. (A lucid dream in which I was able to extend the duration for a long stretch of time.) A "normal" lucid dream for me is going to run anywhere from 30 seconds to about 3 minutes before the dream collapses and I wake up. About 1 out of 7 lucid dreams, I'll be able to do everything right and increase the duration to 15-25 minutes.

The challenge I have with these dreams is remembering everything that happened in detail. When I wake up, I can easily recall the last five minutes, the five minutes before that get blurry in my memory, the five minutes before that even more, and so on. I can recall some vague things and interactions, but the further back I try to remember the harder it is. Even after waking and taking notes on everything, sometimes it's hard for me to recall the moment I actually became lucid... which had to have happened for everything that followed to have occurred haha.

Does anyone else have this challenge? Short of waking myself up after 10 minutes to record everything, I haven't been able to come up with a viable solution to being able to keep track of everything that happens, especially towards the beginning.
Looking for the Time Travelers.

Dane

Re: My Challenge with Extended Lucid Dreams

Postby Dane » 18 Jul 2016 12:13

FloatGuru wrote: Does anyone else have this challenge?

yeah same challenge here, although my dreams haven't extended to such length's.
this is what i experience.
more often then not, i can only remember the dream collapsing.. ( sensory input as if i'm extremely dizzy, and suddenly all is dark, and the next moment i wake up. )

funny thing about it is that i experience something similliar in waking life ( although not even nearly as frequent ), extreme dizzyness, my visual turns black and my body collapses, and the next moment, i have no real memory of it..
also it takes a couple of minutes to remember where i am, who i am and what i was doing.
sounds like a system reboot now that i read it myself xD.
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”