Fun Time--Thought and Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Pilgrim

Fun Time--Thought and Food

Postby Pilgrim » 18 Jul 2016 04:56

You are what you think more than what you think. You are what you eat more than what you think. :lol:

The above two sentences are not additive, equal assertions. Rather, the second sentence is affirmation that humans consist more of what they eat than they consist of thought. :ugeek:

Therefore, meals are more important than dreams. But, a product of good nutrition is good thinking, including nice, vivid dreams. :mrgreen:

Dane

Re: Fun Time--Thought and Food

Postby Dane » 18 Jul 2016 12:28

Pilgrim wrote: Rather, the second sentence is affirmation that humans consist more of what they eat than they consist of thought. :ugeek:

Therefore, meals are more important than dreams.

i disagree, quantity has no meaning in importance. :lol:

although i do agree that meals are more important then dreaming, or anything for that matter :lol:
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 18 Jul 2016 13:30

Good point. It is not the quantity that measures thought. After my soon coming doctor's appointment, I plan to eat a cow with plenty of cheesy mashed potatoes. Quantity and quality matter for food :mrgreen:

Dane

Postby Dane » 18 Jul 2016 15:14

I love cows! They're so delicious, i could eat them all day, every day :mrgreen:

I guesse the subtext of your post was, no matter how fun or interresting you dreamlife can be, don't lose sight of your physical reality.
Which i genuinly agree with.

Best of luck on your doctor appointment :!:

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 18 Jul 2016 23:39

Thanks! I told my doc that I have to have meat for satiety. He told me to cut it into small pieces and savor it. He has no idea that I will be eating like a cave man, chewing off the T-bone steak tonight. :D Honestly, he told me that no one ever got fat eating meat, which is a change from what he used to say. Potatoes he warns of now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Jul 2016 00:40

If I eat shit will I be shit or start thinking shit thoughts? :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 19 Jul 2016 00:49

You seem to convert your food to lucid thought well. It is not unprecedented. Catfish do ok. The catfish bait smells far, far worse than fecal matter to me. :P

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Jul 2016 01:00

I'm only a thinker because I like to think. Maybe I'm genetically predisposed to philosophy. I do like fish. People say it's 'brain food' but I don't even eat it as much as I would like to. I know people who eat dog food and have shit for brains though! :-D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Dane

Postby Dane » 19 Jul 2016 10:42

Summerlander wrote:If I eat shit will I be shit or start thinking shit thoughts? :mrgreen:

hahaha that reminds me of a couple of southpark episodes from back in the day :mrgreen:

well its always something with food.
today milk is good for the strengh of your bones, tomorrow it increases your chances of getting bone cancer..
but when you break it down, its all just building material.

eating fish is indeed good for your brain, due to it higher lvl's of omega-3 and fish oil.
however that does not mean it actually makes you smarter. ( although allot of people insist that it does )
but it does improving your thinking.

the most rewarding way for me to eat, is catching a fish, BAM! on the BBQ and lets dine :lol:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Jul 2016 17:43

Fish most likely increases the brain's potential for intelligence. Although an alcoholic who has developed a penchant for fish might apply his newfound intelligence to becoming a wine connoisseur. :mrgreen:

But when I hear that substances which are widely considered to be beneficial have been found to be carcinogenic, I always wonder how much the media has exaggerated or sensationalised scientific studies. Scientists are known to complain about how much journalists misrepresent their studies. :-D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”