My WILD attempt

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Reinards

My WILD attempt

Postby Reinards » 19 Jul 2016 12:14

Hello lucid dreamers, what did I do wrong last night and what would be your advice?

I went to sleep at 23:30(11:30pm) and set my alarm to 4:30am

When I woke up at 4:30am I turned off my alarm and put myself in a corp pose :D
I started to relax without moving... I breathed in and out, slowly, thinking about my breath and listening to the sound of silence.
After that I was supposed to be in that hypnagogic state and seeing weird stuff... but it didn't happen for a long time... it felt like 40 minutes or so... I know I must be very patient but It was getting very cold and I couldn't resist... I turned to my left and went to sleep. When I turned, it felt like my body was a bit heavier than it was before but yeah...

Dane

Re: My WILD attempt

Postby Dane » 19 Jul 2016 13:42

well, if you did not move a muscle and kept a stil and calm mind, then its not about doing something wrong, so ditch that thought.

keep in mind that a Wild does not have a 100% succes rate, although with practice it becomes easier over time.

now at your next attempt, try flexing your muscles a moment before you get into position.
don't overdo it thou, you don't want to fully wake ofc.

also, try to visualize the scene you would like to go to. ( a beach, a pine forest, or whatever you'd prefer)
don't force it, but "summon" it.
not just the overal idea but include the details, sounds, temperature, etc.

patience & discipline are your ally's.
Best of Luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 19 Jul 2016 15:30

Dane wrote:well, if you did not move a muscle and kept a stil and calm mind, then its not about doing something wrong, so ditch that thought.

keep in mind that a Wild does not have a 100% succes rate, although with practice it becomes easier over time.

now at your next attempt, try flexing your muscles a moment before you get into position.
don't overdo it thou, you don't want to fully wake ofc.

also, try to visualize the scene you would like to go to. ( a beach, a pine forest, or whatever you'd prefer)
don't force it, but "summon" it.
not just the overal idea but include the details, sounds, temperature, etc.

patience & discipline are your ally's.
Best of Luck!

Okay, thank you :P
I will try this next night..
Have you had success with WILD?
If so, tell me, what is your "routine" / "plan"?
Like, when do you go to sleep, when do you set the alarm, what do you do when your alarm goes off? :)

Dane

Postby Dane » 19 Jul 2016 18:40

no problem, try it whenever it feels right.

yes i have succesfull Wilds, althougth i've tried out SP before attemping my first Wild.
despite the general assumption that Wild is a "advanced" technique, i found that it felt very natural to me, but lets stay tracked on the Q's :)

the remaining question's are rather related to a WBTB technique, which is a different technique, but excellent to be used in combination with another technique. ( which means you can also use it singulair )

i don't really have a plan for i still working out some sweetspot's so to say.
but let me describe how it goes for me.

first of, i only do this when my wife has to work, which means she has to wake at 5:30 which is a excellent point to work with.

i don't have a exact time to sleep because i'm still looking for the sweetspot.
if i have slept aprox 6hours, then i find it very hard to get back to sleep.
so i'm aiming towards 00:30 - 01:00.

i don't use an alarm actually, i get extremely cranky thanks to those devices so i tend to avoid them.
the noise my wife makes usually wakes me.

if i can wake enough to remember my intensions ( which is a 50/50 shot ), then i get to the next sweetspot searching.
the time you are awake and the activities, if any, during a WBTB varies per person.
i wake very fast and easily so i rather not get out of bed, except the bathroom AT MAX.
but others report up to an hour of activity before returning to bed.

then i flex my muscles briefly, lie on my back( on my side=instant K.O.) and start meditating on my breath.
after a while i feel relaxed and comforable enough and just observe a scene in my mind.
i have chosen a place in a forest, for vague reasons.

after a variable amount of time, my limbs feel misaligned or mislocated and finally a spark throughout my body. ( not really but i cannot describe it otherwise )
next the choking sensation ( which still freaks me out ), and daemon's lurking around ( i ignore them )
my bedroom begins to pulse with me in its centre, and i spin around my axis, i feed that sensation energy to increase the motions.
at a point of "critical mass" i fall in a black pitt.

at this point i can let go and drift off.
or i can hold on, maintain focus en intension, and voila!

i hope it gives you an idea of how i experience this bedroom-lollercoaster. :lol:

Best of Luck matey! :lol:

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 19 Jul 2016 19:47

Dane wrote:no problem, try it whenever it feels right.

yes i have succesfull Wilds, althougth i've tried out SP before attemping my first Wild.
despite the general assumption that Wild is a "advanced" technique, i found that it felt very natural to me, but lets stay tracked on the Q's :)

the remaining question's are rather related to a WBTB technique, which is a different technique, but excellent to be used in combination with another technique. ( which means you can also use it singulair )

first of, i only do this when my wife has to work, which means she has to wake at 5:30 which is a excellent point to work with.

i don't use an alarm actually, i get extremely cranky thanks to those devices so i tend to avoid them.

if i can wake enough to remember my intensions ( which is a 50/50 shot ), then i get to the next sweetspot searching.
the time you are awake and the activities, if any, during a WBTB varies per person.
i wake very fast and easily so i rather not get out of bed, except the bathroom AT MAX.

then i flex my muscles briefly, lie on my back( on my side=instant K.O.) and start meditating on my breath.
after a while i feel relaxed and comforable enough and just observe a scene in my mind.

after a variable amount of time, my limbs feel misaligned or mislocated and finally a spark throughout my body. ( not really but i cannot describe it otherwise )
next the choking sensation ( which still freaks me out ), and daemon's lurking around ( i ignore them )
my bedroom begins to pulse with me in its centre, and i spin around my axis, i feed that sensation energy to increase the motions.

i hope it gives you an idea of how i experience this bedroom-lollercoaster. :lol:

This is interesting :D
Very... I haven't experienced SP before but I wanna :D

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 20 Jul 2016 07:29

Dane wrote:no problem, try it whenever it feels right.

I tried it, but with no success :/

I did almost the same...
I went to sleep at 23:30(probably sleeping at around 00:00)
/Maybe the problem is that my cat was psyching and woke me up and i had to fall asleep again/
I set my alarm at 5:00 then I went to bathroom with my dream journal. To bathroom because there I can use light without distracting other family members... I didn't remember seeing any dreams so I just read the journal... after 10 minutes i went back to bed and flexed my muscles.
Then I put myself in the corpse pose and didn't move...(MAYBE, i didn't success because my arms were on top of the blanket so when I breathed they moved a bit)
I imagined where I wanna be(Mountains)
But yes, after getting no results for a long time I went to sleep...
Now when waking up I don't remember any dreams either...

Dane

Postby Dane » 20 Jul 2016 14:51

Not that i forbid you to copy it, but i would recommend keeping a personal touch.
( everybody is different and what works well for me does not necessarily means it goes for you too )

It takes time and dedication to master such technique's, and progress ( or the lack of it ) cannot be indicated on a single night.
Besides its still concidered an advanced technique, and maybe its not your way to go for now. ( does not imply the gate is closed for you )

Have you informed yourself on the various other method's&technique's ?
If you didn't, i'd suggest you do, and experiment to find what feels the most comfortable&reliable method for you.

Do you actively practice meditation ?

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 20 Jul 2016 19:44

Dane wrote:Not that i forbid you to copy it, but i would recommend keeping a personal touch.
( everybody is different and what works well for me does not necessarily means it goes for you too )

It takes time and dedication to master such technique's, and progress ( or the lack of it ) cannot be indicated on a single night.
Besides its still concidered an advanced technique, and maybe its not your way to go for now. ( does not imply the gate is closed for you )

If you didn't, i'd suggest you do, and experiment to find what feels the most comfortable&reliable method for you.

Yep, I have... I know about:
MILD
FILD
WILD
WBTB

No, my house is too loud for it... maybe in evenings :D

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 21 Jul 2016 08:35

Dane wrote:Not that i forbid you to copy it, but i would recommend keeping a personal touch.

Hey, so first of, I have decided to do breathing meditation every morning :D
Now.. I was trying wild+wbtb ? :D
I went to sleep at 00:30 and woke up at 4:25... I felt asleep very wast i the evening so i woke up during REM sleep...
The 4th hour :D

I didn't remember any dreams. I had only the feeling that I dreamed about something.. but yeah, I didn't get out of bed this time... I just did some very simple math(2+2=4; 4+4=8; 8+8=16; 16+16=32; 32+32=64; 64+64=128)
Then I flexed my muscles and then put myself in the corpse pose(Arms under the blanket :D so they don't move when I breathe)
I started to relax, I focused on my breathing... after some time I did this(1, I am dreaming, 2, I am dreaming ..... 100, I am dreaming)
Then I just stared behind my eyelids waiting for something to happen... Nothing...
BUT then after a wile my body started to become paralyzed... Really really slowly... I started to see some yellow dots and circles behind my eyes(I guess it was very poor hypnagogic state) I felt my body sending signals like "Scratch your nose", "Scratch your right eyebrow" but I didn't react to them... I noticed my legs were almost paralyzed, my arms were heavily paralyzed but not completely...

I tried to visualize where I wanna be but nothing happened. When I noticed that i can barely move my legs then the palm side of my elbow was hurting... not literally but I felt really weird feeling happening to both of my arms... It was so terrible one moment that I couldn't resist and sit up :D Wow, my room is not dark anymore I thought... I looked at the clock... it was 6h and something.... I slept there for an hour and a half :shock:
It really didn't feel that long but yeah
Then i turned to my left and went to sleep.

So my questions are:
1.Do earplugs change something?
2.When in sleep paralysis, and earplugs are in ears do sounds that my brain makes feel different?(I hope you understand)
3.What was that painful feeling my arms felt?
4.How fast should I normally become paralyzed?

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 21 Jul 2016 18:00

3. I have that feeling sometimes, it only happens when you paralyse a limb. As I've experienced, It's mostly because your movement neurons are deactivated and maybe including a change of blood flow or a pressure on sensation neurons (just observations, I have no scientific reason to give). If I'm correct, you can experience the same thing by standing up and letting one of your arms go, soon the pain begins. I sometimes wake up having my right arm completely paralysed and painful (just an internal pain, it cannot sense anything else e.g. touches) Btw It's because of it's bad position perhaps, it cannot be completely activated, I don't think it has anything to do with apnea.
4. As I've read here, full paralysis occurs at the beginning of each REM, so... depends on the stage you're in.
Sweet dreams ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”