Need the truth

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
dustin.hunt

Need the truth

Postby dustin.hunt » 19 Jul 2016 23:46

Good evening,

My name is Dustin, and I have been having periodic lucid dreams for a number of years. I love lucid dreaming, but never thought that it was something I could "activate" when I please.
I have never understood what makes me become aware while dreaming. When it happens, though, I feel so free.
It never occurred to me to look online for ways to have more frequent lucid dreams until today. I found a guide written by Renecca Turner, and something really stuck out to me. She suggested that you do a "reality check" while dreaming. That's exactly what I do every time I become aware. When I want to make sure that I am in a dream, I levitate an item with my mind. Once I do that, I take control of as much as I can.
In any event, and after making this long post ( apologies), I need to know if this guide is real. I'm going to practice the steps Rebecca suggested, but I cannot tell you how much my heart will break if this turns out to be a scheme of some sort. I say that because the post had an add for a lucid dream supplement, Dreamleaf.
Has anyone had real success with the steps Rebecca listed? For that matter, has anyone had success Dreamleaf or any other supplements?
Please please be honest with me.

Pilgrim

Re: Need the truth

Postby Pilgrim » 20 Jul 2016 00:38

The tips and acronyms (such as MILD, WILD, etc) do not help me personally. The simple reality checks are what help me.

Over the counter, depending on your location, are melatonin and galantamine. You must read carefully about risks and timing for these to avoid tolerance and get maximum benefit. Galantamine is used for treatment of Alzheimer's in daily higher doses, but it is an effective mental stimulant (like long duration caffeine) with occasional use in lower doses. Ask a doctor or pharmacist for expert consult.

dustin.hunt

Postby dustin.hunt » 20 Jul 2016 01:16

Thank you for the reply! Are you talking about reality checks regularly before going to sleep?

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 20 Jul 2016 01:52

You are welcome! Personally, I think it is best to spread a few-second reality check from various aspects of your day. That way, when your dream reflects different times in your waking life, you will be likely to check reality in the dream. When you wake to go to the restroom, or otherwise, have a subtle intent or interest to lucid dream. Intent before you initially sleep at night is not as helpful, because it is too long before you will dream. Trying hard is unnecessary and counterproductive to me. (Quite a few people have success in a more serious approach, including having a dream journal and other serious techniques. Whatever works and makes you happy you will find.)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”