Shapeshifting and stability!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Harry Potter

Shapeshifting and stability!

Postby Harry Potter » 20 Jul 2016 20:39

Oh my gosh. I just had a short LD a few nights ago, but tonight I had a ridiculously long one. And I completed a long term goal, so I can now move on to other stuff. Or not, I dunno. It was fun.

I was having a dream that I was at this large water park, and the dream went on for quite some time. I won't go into much detail here, because this is the less interesting part. Finally, it was time to go home, but I couldn't find my parents. It didn't matter though, because I knew how to get home. I found the train leaving from the water park, and got on. It was more like a monorail, I suppose. I'm riding this train across all sorts of terrain, and the world outside the train is beautiful. It is, however, almost cartoonish. I step to the window, and take everything in; I critically observe the world around me. It is this moment of critical observation that allows me to realize I am dreaming. Nothing weird about the dream sets me off, it is just a moment of reflection that causes me to realize this. It is almost as if I remember that I am dreaming.

I made sure, before sleeping, that I had planned out how the dream was going to go (somewhat) rather than have a loose idea that I would likely forget. I quickly recall my dream objective while still on the train. The goal is to complete a stable shape shift, and then continue on my merry way still in that form. I need to leave, so I push open the door and jump out of the moving vehicle. I don't want to push my luck by diving through the window or something; beginning the dream with cool feats like that has caused me to just lose lucidity in the past. If playing by more boring rules is the cost of lucidity, I'll take it. (This is something to work on later.)

I am in a grassy field, that has all sorts of rocks and bushes everywhere. There are hills scattered around as well. The world is still quite cartoonish. I remind myself that I am dreaming. I see what appears to be a ravine a few yards away. I sort of float/jump/fly over two it, and hop down to the bottom of what is more like a canyon, I suppose. As I hop down, I focus on the fact that there will be a door on the canyon wall that I cannot see yet (i.e. I was trying to visualize the canyon wall with a door on it, so that when I did see the wall, the door would be there). I reach the ground, and see the door. I picture a doctor's office on the other side, and walk through. This was a semi-success. It was a combination of my orthodontist's, and my dentist's buildings/offices. Ah well, close enough. The only problem, though, was that there was no one in there. I call out for a doctor, borrowing my orthodontist's name: "Dr. X? Dr. X?" (I am using X instead of the real name.) Not a sound. I imagine Dr. X standing just around the corner, typing at a computer. I walk forward, and turn: there is a computer, and the keys are moving up and down, but no person typing at them. I am now sort of creeped out. I decide I should get out before this takes a turn for the worse. I quickly exit, and imagine more doors on the canyon wall. As imagined, there were now loads of doors. I hear a voice. "Ya, you don't want to go in there. It's a weird place. Try that one." I look above the door I just exited, and see what I think were two bats talking to me (if I remember correctly; they may not have been bats). They said something else about a bear, but I son't really remember. I also remember that one of them opened a door, and I think here was a hibernating bear in there that they accidentally woke up. I walked on, however.

I saw a path back up the canyon, which I began to walk. I ran into an old lady, who said some things that I don't remember. They cause me to turn around. I was only semi-lucid here. When turning around, I remind myself that I am dreaming, and regain what is more or less complete lucidity.

I go in the door that the bats suggested, trying to visualize the same office. It looks exactly like the previous place, except this one has plenty of people in it. Both of my orthodontists are helping a patient in the first chair in the office. I walk over, push him out of the chair, and say "you need to help me transform into something." The patient gets up, and it's Dwight, from The Office. He says "Oh, I can also help you with that." The one Dr., Dr. Y, says "okay, get in the chair." I sit down. He puts something to my head, and is observing something on his computer stationed next to me. After a few minutes, and other examinations of my head, he says "Okay. I think I know what we're going to do. Dwight, Dr. X, would you please take [Harry Potter] into the transformation room." (I'm sort of consciously willing the situation to happen as it does. No way would I just leave the whole scenario up to some DCs.) They bring me into a room that looks like the one where x-rays are usually taken. They hook me into this large machine. They tell me where to stand, and I can feel it come grasp my head, shoulders, and legs as it descends from the ceiling. I'm basically stuck (or, I'm allowing myself to be stuck; I'm still very much aware that this is a dream). More machinery comes down from the ceiling around me. I can feel it do a scan of my body, and then I feel myself begin to change. There is a large mirror in front of me, so I can watch it happen. After a minute, I realize I am becoming a girl. My perspective shifts out of my body, and behind myself. I have to will my perspective back into my body (new body?). I feel myself finish shapeshifting. I step out of the machine.

The scenery around me changes all of a sudden, and uncontrollably. I am now standing on the sidelines of a kid soccer game, with my parents beside me. My sister appears to be in the game. I am still shapeshifted. I jog myself into lucidity again, as some of it had faded. It occurs to me that I should do something else. I begin to walk away, and the scenery sort of changes again. I am now standing at a playground, and it is completely empty. Before I can process what is happening, Erin Hannon (also from The Office; this theme keeps popping up probably because I finished the entire series recently) walks up to me. "Hey [Harry Potter]!" This was followed by some other stuff... And then the dream faded. Not the best use of time, but probably the longest LD I've had.
Last edited by Harry Potter on 20 Jul 2016 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Quark_Master

Re: Shapeshifting and stability!

Postby Quark_Master » 20 Jul 2016 20:55

Thats a very interesting dream and a good effort by you to gain control.

I must admit the idea of shape-shifting is really amazing to me, I will have to try this on my next LD night.

Just out of interest, did you aim to shift into a girl or did you have something else in mind?

Harry Potter

Postby Harry Potter » 20 Jul 2016 22:07

I think at some point I decided that that was what I was going to change into.
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Quark_Master

Postby Quark_Master » 20 Jul 2016 22:15

Harry Potter wrote:I think at some point I decided that that was what I was going to change into.

Thats a good result then bud, I look forward to reading more experiences that you have with this technique.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”