Wassup fellow oneironauts

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Bux

Wassup fellow oneironauts

Postby Bux » 22 Jul 2016 13:58

Hello dreamers,
For me posting my thoughts online doesn't come naturally, but lucid dreaming does or has been for the last 16 years or so. That and my curiosity are what motivate me to discover more.
I have had multiple LD's every night since I was 14. I don't even remember what it feels like to just go to sleep and wake up 8 hours later with nothing in-between.
Though I do remember when I was about 5 thinking in bed about how scary the idea of going to sleep at night and instantly waking up in the morning was. Thoughts like: 'What decides when you wake up?', 'What if it doesn't work and I don't wake up?', 'What if my parents don't wake up?' Simply a small child realising death and the fears that come with it.
Some might describe me as a sleepy guy because I find it so easy to sleep during the day, almost narcoleptic at times, but they don't realise how awake I feel at night and how little sleep I get because of it. I'm definitely a night owl.
When I was 14 I had a lot of nightmares and nights of sleep paralysis, such as the feeling of an evil presence in the room surrounding you and your stuck in the bed. This would manifest in different ways like: haunting ghosts flying through the walls, vampires at my window, Demon (devil) entity in the room, an intruder in the room trying to kill me or my parents down the hall. One time I actually woke myself and ran to my parents room, woke them up telling them about my dream and then had to keep looking at clocks and mirrors for reality checks. All very scary at the time, thinking this is just how everybody dreams get over it. I soon learned to deal with a lot of the usual scenarios, but like dreams like to do the more you fight them the more they escalate.
It has been over 16 years since those early days and countless lucid dreams later I believe I’ve experienced most if not all the similar experiences I’ve read other dreamers talk about. I control my dreams with ease and shape them as I please, which can turn messy fast because I love to rage in my dreams. :twisted: lol. To combat this disrupting habit I now try to tell myself mid dream "Let it go, let it flow" and to breathe. This definitely helps to calm the dream down and allow things to flow more naturally, because I do believe you can manipulate your dreams too much and miss the message your subconscious is communicating.
So my interests are mostly in the thoughts of those that have the knowledge and experience of years of lucid dreaming. My first curiosity is 'have any other dreamers noticed the affect eye position can have whilst dreaming?' e.g. I have noticed when sleeping on my back and my head is slightly tilted to the left I get more solid, logical dreams and when tilted to the right they are more wild and creative. I was wondering if this is a bit of placebo effect, like 'I believe it to work, so it does work' or if anyone else has experienced this. For the reference I was altering dreams by doing this before I consciously thought it possible. Finally my biggest thoughts are about forcing your eyes to look straight up while dreaming (I mean real world physically). I have definitely noticed it changes the whole dream experience to next level stuff. Easiest way to describe is you give up a bit of conscious interaction for more deeper subconscious access, more than usual anyway. These experiences get me wondering how eye position during REM sleep can affect the kind of dreams you have. Any thoughts or similar experiences please feel free to share them. Wow, most I've ever written online. :)
"Let it go, let it flow"

Transcending.

Re: Wassup fellow oneironauts

Postby Transcending. » 27 Jul 2016 19:11

:ugeek: :ugeek: Interesting.. I usually sleep on my side and have vivid dreams and non-vivid dreams, but something I've noticed recently is that whenever I fall asleep on my back, which is very rare. I have extremely vivid dreams. I only fall asleep on my back when I'm extremely tired. I'll pay more attention to eye movement.
Welcome Buddy :) 8-)

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 27 Jul 2016 20:43

Wow, I always sleep on my stomach, tilting my head to the left. I can now remember some strange dreams I had and how I woke up faced into the wall (which is on my right), and now, it explains why my dreams are too logical and real. :geek:

Bux wrote:I don't even remember what it feels like to just go to sleep and wake up 8 hours later with nothing in-between.

Awful, It's much worse than being sleep deprived. :( however it's a routine for many people.

Now that you talked about dream clarity and recall, may I ask, are lucid dreams more memorable than the others? (4 weeks now :evil: )

For now, glad to have you here, sweet dreams ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Bux

Postby Bux » 30 Jul 2016 10:39

Thanks for the replies guys.
Now that you talked about dream clarity and recall, may I ask, are lucid dreams more memorable than the others?

I can definitely say lucid dreams are in general more memorable, though they do vary in intensity. I sometimes try to keep them mediocre so i can get some decent sleep for work (which never really works :( ). But then theres the ones where its like experiencing the greatest movie that can be experienced or like living a whole another amazing life. Its the feelings of emotional extremities that stick in the memory the most.
Thanks again for the feedback. I look forward to sharing more of my thoughts in posts.
"Let it go, let it flow"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”