What could she represent?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Reinards

What could she represent?

Postby Reinards » 24 Jul 2016 09:18

This morning I was searching my dream journal for things that show up in my dreams very often...
I was surprised when I found that out of 14 dreams that I have in my journal, my sister is in 6 of them...
My father is in 4 of them whilst other things are not that common.

I was just thinking if my sister showing up so often could mean something? Maybe I should spend more time with her? I really don't know :D
What do you think?

Minun172

Re: What could she represent?

Postby Minun172 » 01 Sep 2016 03:10

My family members constantly appear in my dreams even though I don't want them being in dreams. This is very common in dreams. Your family members are what you see the most and what you know the most. As for what she could represent, it really depends on what yout hink about her. If you hate her, then she could be shown as a villian or someone who is trying to ruin your story. If you love her (Not like that! Lol.), then she could be seen as a good character. For my experience with my mother, it's just what you think of her.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 13 Oct 2016 20:13

I meant to look through my own dream diary to see where my sister keeps appearing, because I know that she is the most consistent family member in my dreams apart from my wife. My sister is the only person I see a lot of in dreams who I do not see very much in waking life. She is great though, so that is probably why. I normally see her in a party context, I think.

I can't wait to get lucid and find out.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Oct 2016 08:03

I have no sister, but my brother is very ubiquitous in my dreams. If you grow up together, they become a part of you in your mind, so to speak. Like a best friend, borderlined animus/anima in dreams.

Dang if I can remember to make that a lucid dream cue though. I get amnesia of my waking self, and my ego self is thrown out the window. That ingrained, childhood self seems to take over.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 15 Oct 2016 11:45

I'm visiting my sister today so that should put her in my dreams yet more. I shall study her as a dream cue, without telling her :twisted:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Oct 2016 20:33

I don't know when I'll see my brother again, but he's always a 8-10 year old in my dreams anyway, so seeing him now wouldn't help. He's in his 30's now, but I will always see him as my little brother growing up. I heard it's the same if you have children. They will never grow up in your mind.

Instead of thinking about her physical presence, think about the feelings you have and how you behave around her. You might revert back to childhood and act differently. Notice that, and use that as a cue. I often just know my brother is with me and don't see him. I only feel it and know he is there with me.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 15 Oct 2016 22:32

I haven't reverted to a different age before, that I can remember. I was black in a dream the other night (white in waking life and every other dream so far) and still no moment of lucidity! It makes me chuckle.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Oct 2016 00:47

Keep at it, and we all struggle with the illusion of the ego-self-identity once we start to notice that in dreams and even when awake. It's a hard concept to except that we are not who we think we are, and always changing yet seemingly are the same. :ugeek:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Nov 2016 09:06

yes you could use your sister as a lucid dream cue. Just reality check every time you have contact with your sister physically or on the phone or elsewhere.

It shouldnt matter either if that family member appears younger in a dream or the same age as people still can program their mind to reality check with a sister or brother cue. You could even program your mind to do it using a photo of the person as a reminder to reality check whenever you see that person.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”