Stuck on WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Rhinu

Stuck on WILD

Postby Rhinu » 26 Jul 2016 06:20

Hello fellow lucid dreamers,

I have been wanting to get into lucid dreaming for about a year now but never really put the time and effort into it. Now that I have holidays and some more free time on my hands, and an easily changeable sleeping schedule, I got around to trying the Wake induced strategy.

When I first tried this the urge to itch everywhere was insane. But I did as I read and didn't react because I knew it was a way for your body to check if you're awake or not. After about 20 minutes of laying down completely still I could feel my body go completely numb. I couldn't feel anything but my chest going up and down. I was happy because I knew there finally was some progress since my body had fallen asleep. Then after a few minutes I looked at the inside of my eyelids and saw all those blue/purple trippy visuals and I thought to myself, this is also a good sign. But then, I got stuck. When I focused on something I could kinda feel my body move inside my head, but nothing happened. I could feel something pulling on me but I couldn't enter whatever it was. I tried this about 3 times more and I'm writing this right after I failed again. I was wondering if there is any way of indicating you're entering a dream? Because I was completely conscious at that time? I have had a few lucid dreams in the past, but never got one on command.

- Rhinu

star64rogue

Re: Stuck on WILD

Postby star64rogue » 26 Jul 2016 06:48

Hi!
First of all, try to visualise the dream scene when you pass through the hypnagogia, or at least try not to make it hard. Nothing else to tell you as I haven't yet got into hypnagogia, but maybe give SSILD a try too, also take a look at this modified WILD : http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16633

Sweet dreams and good luck ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Rhinu

Re: Stuck on WILD

Postby Rhinu » 26 Jul 2016 17:17

star64rogue wrote:Hi!
First of all, try to visualise the dream scene when you pass through the hypnagogia, or at least try not to make it hard. Nothing else to tell you as I haven't yet got into hypnagogia, but maybe give SSILD a try too, also take a look at this modified WILD : http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16633

Sweet dreams and good luck ^_^

I haven't heard of SSILD yet, lets hope this will work, thanks for the suggestions!

Return to “For Beginners”