Died in LD and woke up not knowing if i was awake

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
theworldsawesum

Died in LD and woke up not knowing if i was awake

Postby theworldsawesum » 28 Jul 2016 20:26

I've always wanted to share some of the lucid dreams I've had so I hope people find this cool!

In this dream I was on a road high up on a mountain. I saw that the side of the road was just a very steep cliff and it was then that I realized I was dreaming simply because I couldn't think of a logical reason why I would be in such a place. Once I realized I had control of my own actions I just ran and jumped off the cliff. The freefall was pretty exhilarating, and it took a surprisingly long time to reach the bottom. As the ground approached I was preparing myself for some kind of impact, but the second I landed I abruptly woke up on a grassy hill by my university.

Now things got a bit weird. I remembered everything I just did, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out if I was awake or still dreaming. Now as I look back, there were such huge discrepancies that it really should have been obvious but for some reason my brain couldn't register all the clear differences. I started running around looking for someone I knew, and eventually I found a few of my friends. I ran up to them and asked them if I was still dreaming, but they didn't know how to help me. I was starting to get really worried that I would never be able to find out, but in the back of my mind I seemed to remember that I had set up a 20 minute timer and that I was actually taking a nap. I therefore tried to check my phone to see how much time was left, but I obviously couldn't because it was in the real world. Soon after that my alarm did ring and I woke up for real.

This dream happened a couple of months ago while I was taking a short 20 minute nap while studying for finals. It really amazed me that so much happened within such a short time period. It was a pretty cool experience even though I was honestly terrified when I couldn't tell if anything was real. Has anyone had a similar experience?

star64rogue

Re: Died in LD and woke up not knowing if i was awake

Postby star64rogue » 28 Jul 2016 20:40

Ew... Nice one, but the question is, why in the world didn't you use really checks? Try to do RCs, or try conjuring things, they definitely fail in the real world but not in a dream, they will finally work.

Sweet dreams ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

theworldsawesum

Postby theworldsawesum » 28 Jul 2016 20:55

Well up until half an hour ago I've never even heard of reality checks lol
I'll be sure to do that next time!

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 29 Jul 2016 07:14

Good :D I hope you can assert more control and gain more consciousness on your dreams using RCs.
As you CAN go lucid, use MILD technique to induce your own dreamscapes and increase your chances of going lucid.

Btw nice thinking "a logical reason why I would be in such a place" :lol:
In my dreams I always use to FIND a reason, or in other cases I'm completely familiar with the situation. :lol: Strange how subconscious changes our logics to work in the dream world.
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”