Help! I tried a WILD without waking up hours later!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
TripleXGold

Help! I tried a WILD without waking up hours later!

Postby TripleXGold » 30 Jul 2016 15:15

I was really intent on becoming lucid last night. So i tried a writing induced lucid dream by writing down a mantra over and over again (I will know I'm dreaming and control it). When I decided to finally get in bed, I went completely still, and for about 30 minutes I didn't move. I began to feel the sleep paralysis and at times my body felt like I was spinning, but I just couldn't fall asleep and eventually I gave up. Is the only way to do this by waking up in the middle of the night? Can an expert please give me the best way to become lucid as soon as possible?!!

star64rogue

Re: Help! I tried a WILD without waking up hours later!

Postby star64rogue » 30 Jul 2016 16:41

What you did was a WILD (writing induced) + WILD (wake induced), which actually don't sum up, but were you rested enough to fall straight into REM? If not, you need to do it while breaking your sleep cycle using WBTB or trying again with a nap instead of a night sleep.
If you find it hard to enter REM consciously, by means of concentration or meditation, I recommend you WBTB+MILD, in case your imagination is powerful enough.
Just to note, if you wanted to do MILD, don't try anything but a first person view, otherwise, the consequences may be a bit unwanted.
Sweet dreams ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Dane

Postby Dane » 01 Aug 2016 11:00

TripleXGold wrote: Is the only way to do this by waking up in the middle of the night?

its not a necessity, but it does improve your chances of succes.

Can an expert please give me the best way to become lucid as soon as possible?!!

i'm not an expert, but there is no such thing as "the best" way.
we are all people with differences relative to one another, so my best way, is not persé yours.

plus i think you should shift your attitude to a more patient one.
rushing will not help you matey.

take starrogue's advise to heart. ;)

Best of Luck matey.;)
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Dane

Postby Dane » 01 Aug 2016 11:40

TripleXGold wrote: Is the only way to do this by waking up in the middle of the night?

Can an expert please give me the best way to become lucid as soon as possible?!!

we are all people with differences relative to one another, so my best way, is not persé yours.

Best of Luck matey.;)

TripleXGold

Postby TripleXGold » 01 Aug 2016 17:08

star64rogue wrote:What you did was a WILD (writing induced) + WILD (wake induced), which actually don't sum up, but were you rested enough to fall straight into REM? If not, you need to do it while breaking your sleep cycle using WBTB or trying again with a nap instead of a night sleep.
If you find it hard to enter REM consciously, by means of concentration or meditation, I recommend you WBTB+MILD, in case your imagination is powerful enough.
Just to note, if you wanted to do MILD, don't try anything but a first person view, otherwise, the consequences may be a bit unwanted.
Sweet dreams ^_^

Thank you for the advice!

TripleXGold

Postby TripleXGold » 01 Aug 2016 17:12

Dane wrote:

Best of Luck matey.;)

Okay you're right, that sounds better and it makes me a lot less stressed. Thanks man!

Dane

Postby Dane » 02 Aug 2016 12:34

TripleXGold wrote: Okay you're right, that sounds better and it makes me a lot less stressed. Thanks man!

anytime.
thats good to hear, stress is a real lucidity killer.

taste the cuisine before you start buying ;)
there is more then enough info on this site ( not just the forum ) to give you a jumpstart.

Nicho

Postby Nicho » 18 Aug 2016 02:26

star64rogue wrote:Just to note, if you wanted to do MILD, don't try anything but a first person view, otherwise, the consequences may be a bit unwanted.
Sweet dreams ^_^

Howzit,

Could you please tell us -me- what you mean by unwanted consequences..? I'm really intrigued to know now, thank you in advance..!

Cheers, Nicho..!

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 19 Aug 2016 17:35

Nicho wrote:Howzit,

Could you please tell us -me- what you mean by unwanted consequences..? I'm really intrigued to know now, thank you in advance..!

Cheers, Nicho..!

Well, first, it is likely that a 3rd person MILD will not continue inside a dream, but if it does, theoretically, it is mostly possible that a MILD scene would be merged into an actual dreamscape, as-is. So that's no surprise to see a 3rd person dream after a 3rd person MILD, which is not really comfortable. There have been some reports about this problem. You can also search this forum for it.
Sweet dreams
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”