Hello fellow dreamers

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Oneironaut101

Hello fellow dreamers

Postby Oneironaut101 » 31 Jul 2016 07:30

I'm an 18 yr old guy from India , currently pursuing an engineering degree.

i had my first lucid dream when i was 12 and i have had other such encounters(randomly).i'm now interested in gaining a mastery over it.
But the problem is that i have a very poor dream recall.will this factor create any problems in achieving my goals?
I could use your experience on it. :)

Casper

Re: Hello fellow dreamers

Postby Casper » 31 Jul 2016 15:12

A dream journal is highly recommended. You dream 5/7 times a night but you don't remember much of them. So you basicly write down your dreams every morning in your book/journal (keep a pen and a journal next to your bed so when you wake up you can write your dreams down immediatly). It depends on what technique you're gonna use but I would still recommend it. First I could only remember 1 dream a month, with my dream journal I remember 2 dreams every night.

Oneironaut101

Postby Oneironaut101 » 01 Aug 2016 06:50

Thank u for the reply :D
I have the same recall frequency of 1 dream a month .

I'd like to know how much time did it take u to remember 1 each night??

Also while using wild I sometime experience little dreams (images??) Within 10 minutes. Is it normal??

Oneironaut101

Postby Oneironaut101 » 01 Aug 2016 06:53

Hi Casper!

Did u start lucid dreaming with any previous experience?
Will my previous lucid experience help me?

Also ,what is your frequency of having a lucid dream??

Casper

Postby Casper » 01 Aug 2016 10:43

After 3 days I could remember one dream a night. It goes really fast because with this book you tell your brain that you have to remember your dreams (remember that you can have ups and downs, sometimes you don't remember any dreams for a night or 2). If you haven't had a dream you write down: I couldn't remember my dreams.
And yes these images are normal with WILD.

I started a month ago I think and it took me some time to find a good method. I've tried a few and I've found out that I like DEILD very much, so I'm gonna start with this method after my vacation (or maybe a bit on vacation).

You can find a lot of info on lucid dreaming sites, but people are really helpfull here. There are some really nice people that have gave me so much help and without them I wouldn't understand much of it. So questions are always welcome.

CabinFifteen

Postby CabinFifteen » 05 Aug 2016 01:17

Hey there!

When I first started out, I had the same stumbling block as you -- my recall wouldn't improve. I thought keeping a journal would be a hassle, so I just remembered as much as I could when I woke up, but my memories would fade and my recall didn't improve for weeks. I'd only remember fragments of dreams.

Then my friend and I decided to try keeping journals, like Casper suggests. From my experience writing all your dreams in a journal every morning works like magic for improving recall. It took me four nights before I could consistently remember one dream every morning.. and after a month I could remember 6 or 7 every morning! I had to only write out my favourite ones after awhile (it took too long). My friend progressed at exactly the same rate.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”