I've got a question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Oneironaut101

I've got a question

Postby Oneironaut101 » 31 Jul 2016 07:36

Does having a poor (very) dream recall affect your chances Via Wild technique??

Casper

Re: I've got a question

Postby Casper » 31 Jul 2016 15:07

I'm not very expiernced myself. But I believe if you stay in a WILD for longer than 30 minutes you will forget almost everything and a foggy dream will stay behind in your memory. But if you write your dream down directly afterwards you won't forget it I think. But a dream journal is higly recommended so I think it's smart to have one. WILD is not beginnerfriendly by the way (I'm talking from my own expiernce :lol: )

So an awnser on your question: No, you won't need good dreamrecall, but starting with WILD will be hard. (I don't know if all this information is a 100% true but I believe it is like this)

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 31 Jul 2016 16:11

Yup, as dear Casper mentioned, dream journal can strongly increase your dream recall, in case you have enough time to make one. I, for instance, don't have enough time to write my dreams, unless they're special somehow, which will of course, stick into mind even forever, what I do is trying to remember my dreams as I wake up, and thinking about them while having my breakfast or doing anything else, and have proven to increase my recall enough. But still mental stress and tension, or very short night sleeps can significantly decrease your recall.
Btw, It's also a matter of blood and personality which can decide how good you can use a technique, I've met people, who have done WILDs without even knowing there is such thing as lucid dreaming, it takes a very concentrative person to do this, I've also been doing MILDs for my whole life without even knowing what it is. But yes, WILD is of course difficult unless possess an special talent in it.
Sweet dreams and good luck ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Casper

Postby Casper » 31 Jul 2016 16:46

Hello star64rogue! I'm going on vacation soon and I'm flying from the Netherlands to Thailand, but the time is 5 hours earlier there. Will the jetlag affect my dreamrecall much or is it diffrent with every person?

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 31 Jul 2016 19:00

Hi Casper, I have no experience with jetlag, nor any expertise in dream science, but of course it will corrupt your dream cycles which can... I dunno maybe the result is just the opposite... :roll: But, whatsoever, the effects will be gone as you settle down.
:lol: However, jetlag is a mistuning in brain's biological clock, and it will always happen, the only thing I believe to vary, is how much time takes for your brain to re-tune it, but I've never seen any of my friends being able to sleep well in the first day.
Have a nice traveling btw ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Casper

Postby Casper » 31 Jul 2016 19:23

Thank you very much! :D

Oneironaut101

Postby Oneironaut101 » 01 Aug 2016 06:39

Thank u for the feedback? :)

Dane

Postby Dane » 01 Aug 2016 09:21

Oneironaut101 wrote:Does having a poor (very) dream recall affect your chances Via Wild technique??

having a poor dream recall does not affect the usage of any technique.
however if you have a poor dream recall, you can Wild ( or any technique whatsoever ) all you want, but chances are higher you will not remember the experiece in detail.

hence the word, recall. ;)
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “For Beginners”