How does it work?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Reinards

How does it work?

Postby Reinards » 01 Aug 2016 10:26

Sorry for my very frequent posts and questions :D But I was wondering, how does dream journaling works?

I mean, how does just writing your dreams can affect your memory during REM?

Dane

Re: How does it work?

Postby Dane » 01 Aug 2016 12:26

first off, no need to apologize, we're all here to give&gain info&insights :mrgreen:

it works because when you write it down you repeat the memory, plus a fysical action, thus strenghen it.

remember when a teacher made you write 500lines "i will never make fun of mr grumpy again" ? xD
its the same principle that they are employing in your head.

simply put ( for i cannot find the right words atm )
by writing every dream you can recall, you are flagging this information as important.
by repeating this over and over again, your mind will unconsciously start doing this (flagging) on automatic.

besides, even if you write down an awesome dream, sometimes details are forgotten by the mind.
but ink on paper cannot be undone. ;)
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 02 Aug 2016 09:34

Well said, Dane! You almost make me want to try a dream journal. :)

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 02 Aug 2016 10:07

Dane wrote:first off, no need to apologize, we're all here to give&gain info&insights :mrgreen:

it works because when you write it down you repeat the memory, plus a fysical action, thus strenghen it.

remember when a teacher made you write 500lines "i will never make fun of mr grumpy again" ? xD

by writing every dream you can recall, you are flagging this information as important.
by repeating this over and over again, your mind will unconsciously start doing this (flagging) on automatic.

besides, even if you write down an awesome dream, sometimes details are forgotten by the mind.

Thank you, it is better when I understand why I am doing what I am doing :D

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 02 Aug 2016 10:33

Dane wrote:first off, no need to apologize, we're all here to give&gain info&insights :mrgreen:

Also, I hope you don't mind that I quoted you on my website :P
https://reinards.github.io/GetLucid/get_started.html
(Under the Dream journal pop up)

Dane

Postby Dane » 02 Aug 2016 12:20

Pilgrim wrote:Well said, Dane! You almost make me want to try a dream journal. :)

hahah :mrgreen: thank you. ;)

Reinards wrote: Thank you, it is better when I understand why I am doing what I am doing :D

ofcourse it is, and plus, a tiny insight of a huge system.
keep learning matey! ;)

no i don't mind being quoted, you may use every letter as you see fit.
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”