Another failed WILD attempt.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
TripleXGold

Another failed WILD attempt.

Postby TripleXGold » 01 Aug 2016 17:16

Last night, I went to bed about 1:30 AM. I set my alarm for about 5:30 and woke up. I got up, used the bathroom, and got back in my bed and assumed the corpse position to induce the WILD technique. I was completely still and began to feel the sleep paralysis, but the problem was that I was really awake. Eventually I had to turn over to go to sleep. Two nights ago I tried the WILD but when I woke up I went right back to sleep. Last night I tried the WILD but I couldn't go back to sleep! This process is difficult, but I want to get it right...

Advice is always appreciated :)

Dane

Re: Another failed WILD attempt.

Postby Dane » 03 Aug 2016 11:42

Every person has his/her own sweetspot so to say when it comes to WBTB.
If you wake easily, decrease the time in which you go back to sleep.
If you wake hard, increase the time.

I for example can easily ruin a WBTB by Stepping out of bed.
Once you feel SP kicking in, don't move.
In fact, i find it best to lay down comfortable, and don't move at all, not a single muscle.

Be wary that Wild is suposed to be a hard technique to learn, however this does not imply that it is impossible.
The process itself is not persé difficult, (since you don't have to actually do anything) but rather very personal.

Best of luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 03 Aug 2016 12:08

Yup, WILD is easy in theory, but in action, it takes a lot of concentration and patience... patience... patience... "hey when is it going to happen?" ... WILD FAILED. -_-
Sweet SPs :lol:
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 03 Aug 2016 19:14

Dane wrote:In fact, i find it best to lay down comfortable, and don't move at all, not a single muscle.

What do you mean by comfortable?
Does it mean I can turn to my side and then try WILDing?

Dane

Postby Dane » 03 Aug 2016 22:50

the term comfortable is self-explanatory.
a position in which you feel good, so that when you feel urges to move, you don't, because you can convince yourself that you already are in a comfortable position.

ofcourse you can lie on your side.
they say it works better when lying on your back, but i think that's a personal bias.
a Wild is actually nothing else then sleeping.
the only practical difference between a WILD and sleeping is that your mind is still awake when your body falls asleep.

do keep in mind that when lying TOO comfortable your mind probably sinks away aswell.

ps. don't see -failed- attemps as failures, but rather as the first steps toward succes. ;)

Reinards

Postby Reinards » 04 Aug 2016 08:25

Dane wrote:the term comfortable is self-explanatory.
a position in which you feel good, so that when you feel urges to move, you don't, because you can convince yourself that you already are in a comfortable position.

ofcourse you can lie on your side.
they say it works better when lying on your back, but i think that's a personal bias.
a Wild is actually nothing else then sleeping.
the only practical difference between a WILD and sleeping is that your mind is still awake when your body falls asleep.

do keep in mind that when lying TOO comfortable your mind probably sinks away aswell.

ps. don't see -failed- attemps as failures, but rather as the first steps toward succes. ;)

Heh, I may try WILD on my side :D
Thank you mate!

Dane

Postby Dane » 04 Aug 2016 21:07

anytime ;)

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Aug 2016 21:27

how much experience have you had with lucid dreams?, I use WILD most of the time and have a very high success rate but its also very difficult as a first attempt as it takes a lot of failures to tune into the jump to lucid.
The work on my back, my front, either site, stitting in a chair, lying on a couch, lying on the floor in the afternoon sun so its all technique and its not liner. There are no "have too's" to get luicid. Sometimes its an obe, sometimes its a direct dream entry, almost no sp anymore and so on

What stage are you at ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Nov 2016 09:45

I was completely still and began to feel the sleep paralysis, but the problem was that I was really awake. Eventually I had to turn over to go to sleep.

Seeing you were beginning to feel SP, it is very possible that you were in the right state and actually dreaming at that point and your rollover when you choose to do that could of actually been part of the dream. The transition over to WILD can be so smooth that some actually miss they have entered a dream and they just then roll over and go to sleep but it may of been there dream body they experienced rolling over in to do this but they arent aware it is. Before you rolled over to go to sleep.. a reality check should of been done at this point. If you dont do this you may be missing you have gone into a dream at times and then thinking you failed achieving this when you may of actually done.

Be wary that Wild is suposed to be a hard technique to learn, however this does not imply that it is impossible.

Some people have found WILD to be easier for them then the other techniques so no-one should go into it thinking its hard (as that then is bound to make it actually hard as the person is like working then against theirself. What can make it hard is if people are doing something wrong with their WILD technique due to lack of knowledge eg someone doing a wrong kind of reality check while trying to do a WILD or making the mistake the one who posted may of made, she may of started dreaming but not been aware she was.

How hard WILD is really depends on the individual person.

With WILD it is always best to use a position in which you dont usually go to sleep in (but one in which you can still get comfortable in). Using a different position to your sleeping one will help program the mind that you do not want to just fall into a normal sleep (its a habit for you to just fall asleep in your normal sleep position,its what your body is programmed to do), so a different position that signals something different is going on and breaks your normal just fall into an unaware sleep habit.

Just the act of sleeping different even for people not aware of LD can trigger some to have a LD. Laying on ones back works best for most people as that isnt a common going to sleep position (most usually go to sleep on sides or stomach). If a person is one of those more uncommon back sleepers, they should try to LD in a different position.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”