The Wife Doll

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

The Wife Doll

Postby Summerlander » 01 Aug 2016 19:17

The Wife Doll

This morning, I woke up around 5am, used the toilet, and returned to bed to induce an OBE (WILD with a perceived separation from the sleeping body). Never bothered with an action plan; if I had, my experience might have lasted longer. Anyway, the WILD never happened; I fell asleep. But lucid dreaming had been on my mind.

I can't even remember what I had been dreaming about but the dream's events made me think 'It always happens this way and I'm pretty sure this will happen next, it always happens in ...' Bam!

'I'm dreaming! This is a dream!' I enthused whilst surrounded by motionless dream characters staring at me as I no longer niggled over the previous, illusory plot. I jubilated, perhaps too much, as I flew over beautiful treetops and the dream environment quickly faded ...

I could feel myself waking up but couldn't quite feel my sleeping body nor the bed beneath me. I decided to rub my hands together, but the intention began with a vague thought, not the perceived aggressive action I sought. I persevered, though, by continuing to 'rub hands' until thought became perceived action. Gradually, I began to feel my entire dream body, which incentivised me to violently swing my arms---providing the impetus to 'spin like a dervish' as LaBerge once put it.

But I was shrouded in darkness, so I rubbed my hands again in order to spark up some clarity in the surroundings---craving the bedroom environment at the same time because I really wanted to experience a separation from the body.

A slightly inaccurate replica of my bedroom emerged, but my location wasn't the bed, I was hovering a few feet away. Only my wife was lying in bed. I looked at her, thinking, 'My doll ...' and the more I gaped at her, the more she resembled a huge doll. I reached out to her with my right hand and picked her up. She could fit in my palm, as though she had shrunk or I was suddenly a giant.

I woke up excited.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Re: The Wife Doll

Postby Pilgrim » 03 Aug 2016 06:24

Nice read! I do not recall dreams where I had a significant size disortion (as able to hold my wife in my hand).

I see that WILD did not happen this time. But, is it possible that perceived WILD are actually dreams? I think that I have a lot of dreams where I perceive myself as awake in bed, but am actually asleep.

I will gape at my wife doll too! :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Aug 2016 02:26

I've experienced size distortion in lucid dreams a few times. It's weird that my mind spontaneously conjures such dimensional violations during said altered state. It can be a sign of instability (followed by a subsequent awakening).

I think a distinction should be made between WILDs and false awakenings. In the former, you know you're dreaming; in the latter, you think you're awake. Although false awakenings can turn into pre-lucid dreams when a suspicion about the surroundings arises, increasing the chances for a full-fledged lucid dream to manifest.

Yeah, gape at your dream wife---and you might as well practise on her first before performing on the real thing ... :mrgreen:

By the way, I think I'm getting rusty. I need to practise more. :|
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 04 Aug 2016 03:01

Nice :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Aug 2016 13:40

:mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”