Unable to do FILD due to fast heartbeat!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ZordX

Unable to do FILD due to fast heartbeat!

Postby ZordX » 03 Aug 2016 14:08

Hello. I am a beginner at lucid dreaming. I started practicing a week ago. I started with the mild technique. I searched a lot of about lucid dream on google. I recently heard about the finger induced lucid dream technique. I thought it would be easy for me to just tapping my fingers for lucid dreaming. But it wasn't. Cause i get over excited when i am about to go asleep and my heart starts beating very fast and I can't go asleep. Can anyone explaing what's wrong
"Dreams are real when we are experiencing them. And don't we live in dreams :mrgreen: ?" ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

star64rogue

Re: Unable to do FILD due to fast heartbeat!

Postby star64rogue » 03 Aug 2016 18:38

I think you've already answered that:
ZordX wrote:Cause i get over excited when i am about to go asleep and my heart starts beating very fast.

In the world of lucid dreaming, excitement = failure, and concentration = power, let's say, hello doctor strange :lol:
Try some incubation methods like MILD, meditate, keep a dream journal, do frequent reality checks and go many other ways that don't lead straight into a lucid dream, after a short time, it'll become even for you, your chances of having a random lucid dream will increase, and you might even have some.
After that, your excitement about having an injected lucid dream (I mean going straight into on) will decrease.
But it's most likely, as you get excited this easily, you posses a high chance of ruining a lucid dream as you get in, maybe doing some meditation would help.
Good luck and sweet dreams ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

ZordX

Re: Unable to do FILD due to fast heartbeat!

Postby ZordX » 04 Aug 2016 06:47

Thanx. I will try
"Dreams are real when we are experiencing them. And don't we live in dreams :mrgreen: ?" ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Return to “For Beginners”