Hello all!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
fzzy_swtr

Hello all!

Postby fzzy_swtr » 04 Aug 2016 20:59

Hi all! I'm a micro-business owner in the US about to turn 30.

Sleep and dreaming have been relatively central to my life since childhood when I was taught projection. (Any other projectionists out there?) I'm not really sure if the practice I follow is the same as lucid dreaming, but from what I am seeing around here the results seem to be about the same - rich imagery, freaky future glimpses, complex idea generation...stuff a sleeping brain does, I guess?

I'm super curious about the differences in techniques and results as well as finding some control during the process. I'm excited to trade notes and learn more about lucid dreaming!

Sleep well. Love all.

Peter

Re: Hello all!

Postby Peter » 04 Aug 2016 21:29

Hi and welcome, you said you were taught so what were you taught to do and how long can you stay in the "projected state"
I suspect that the place we end up in is the same and its the way we get there that is different
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

fzzy_swtr

Postby fzzy_swtr » 07 Aug 2016 20:55

Peter wrote:what were you taught to do and how long can you stay in the "projected state"

Thanks for the welcome! wow - I've never tried to put it into words that make sense in order and I'm kind of bad at it - advance apologies.

Basically I do meditation/breathing excercises that are supposed to enable an active dream state that may be called lucid (Interested in your thoughts). I'm not following the spiritual side of the practice at this point, but dream projection either just happens or is a side effect maybe of getting to sleep that way.

The theory says the mind gets cluttered all day with info it may need. The clutter can supposedly get in the way of projecting ones mind into an active dream state. So to prep for sleep, there's some backwards counting, color visualization, and rhythmic breathing excercises as well as environment visualization.

The first, in dream, step generally involves going in and coming out of water. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a transition time at all between the meditation and the dream.

Sustained time is hard to judge. I've had nights that seemed like a marathon of nonstop dreaming (though that's gotta be incorrect) and others that packed a whole lot of dream in a thirty minute nap. I imagine the actual sustained time of my dreams is linked to the duration of REM sleep? Does that fluctuate? Is it a variable people have control over? I wonder what ramifications would be manifested due to utilizing that control? I don't expect anyone person to necessarily know the answers, but I'm definitely betting this is the place to gain some more pieces of the puzzle.

With a projection practice, the active dream state is supposed to be closed out getting into water again. Not sure if it's just a habit, but at this point, generally the last thing I remember from a dream is diving into something, even if it's sometimes a cup of water.

Im new to forums - is it ok for me to ask about your process here or does that belong in another place?

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Aug 2016 04:07

Basically I do meditation/breathing excercises that are supposed to enable an active dream state that may be called lucid (Interested in your thoughts). I'm not following the spiritual side of the practice at this point, but dream projection either just happens or is a side effect maybe of getting to sleep that way.

Sounds about the same as me, I do what most people would call meditate but for me its a relaxing exercise before sleep that either lets me engage with thought or images or let them run they distance till they are gone and I drop into that happy spot that is either light sleep or the early stages of REM onset.

The theory says the mind gets cluttered all day with info it may need. The clutter can supposedly get in the way of projecting ones mind into an active dream state. So to prep for sleep, there's some backwards counting, color visualization, and rhythmic breathing excercises as well as environment visualization.

used to do all that but dont bother now, nearly all of my lucids are early morning back to bed and are direct dream entries or WILD so I prep for this entry and its all pretty familiar now after a lot of years and I just observe my mind till its all on

The first, in dream, step generally involves going in and coming out of water. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a transition time at all between the meditation and the dream.

lol it can be instant and a shock at times, I still get amazed and the transition to a fully formed dream and how quick it can be

Sustained time is hard to judge. I've had nights that seemed like a marathon of nonstop dreaming (though that's gotta be incorrect) and others that packed a whole lot of dream in a thirty minute nap. I imagine the actual sustained time of my dreams is linked to the duration of REM sleep? Does that fluctuate? Is it a variable people have control over? I wonder what ramifications would be manifested due to utilizing that control? I don't expect anyone person to necessarily know the answers, but I'm definitely betting this is the place to gain some more pieces of the puzzle.

in the early years due to very bad sleep habits it was like that but not anymore, I did use a Zeo sleep monitor and could see the direct entry into a REM state from waking and recorded dream of a couple of hours max and still can get the times pretty accurate as its unbroken awareness most of the time so you could be pretty accurate with your times

Im new to forums - is it ok for me to ask about your process here or does that belong in another place?

all good to ask away, I have a site of my own and am slowly putting up info there but will also post here as well. Any particular thing you want to chat about?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Introduce Yourself”