dream recall length please share your experiences

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidity4life

dream recall length please share your experiences

Postby lucidity4life » 07 Aug 2016 13:07

Does anyone else have the problem of only remembering a short period of your dreams? It's unsatisfying. :? Don't get me wrong, sometimes I recall a lot. I have to use supplements though like Ginkgo Biloba to make that happen or just wish for a bout of good luck. Sometimes I may write down what seems like hours of dreams. Most of the time it's just little tid bits though. :?: :?: :?:

Is this normal and does anyone else experience it? :?: I'm curious what recall is like for the rest of you. Mine seems to wax and wan like the moon.
botanicalguides.com - live love dream - Botanical Guides is a comprehensive guide to oneirogens and other ethnobotanicals a-z.

Dane

Re: dream recall length please share your experiences

Postby Dane » 08 Aug 2016 09:21

i also have a poor recall and it can be very frustrating.
just keep writing everything you can remember, even if its just a single sound or a feeling.

practice makes perfect.
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Azaleaj

Postby Azaleaj » 23 Aug 2016 06:46

I think the waxing and waning is normal. On my days off I sleep in and usually remember 3-5 dreams in varying detail. When I work and get up early I remember 0-1 or 2. I write all of my dreams down which seems to help. Laying in bed without changing position after waking up while you go over your dreams helps too. I've also found 4-6 mg of galantamine taken after 5 hours of sleep helps sometimes. I order it on amazon and take 1-2 x a week.

Hitch

Postby Hitch » 26 Aug 2016 23:32

I agree with Dane. Unlike most people who "get into" lucid dreaming, I acquired the ability (if that's what you wanna call it) at a very early age and paid attention to it and kept practicing from there without journals or any of that. Though I can say that the first thing I do every morning before opening my eyes is recollect in as much detail as possible. And do that throughout the day so the muscle memory isn't fleeting. Your mind is an organ that very much like muscle, if not used it will diminish in ability to an extent. Try the journal thing and if that works for you everything will become more and more commonplace/efficient.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Sep 2016 06:44

Yes, recall waxes and wanes in my experience too.

The biggest killer for recall for me is having another dream. If you wake up, don't write your dream down, go back to sleep, and dream again, it's like the new memory is a computer file that overrides the old one, so to speak. I tend to wake up often during the night, so that helps with recall, and I think it also is a reason for me being lucid often. But if I stay in bed and keep going back to sleep all night, just rolling over, not fully waking up to remember, good bye dream recall! I usually just remember the last one if I do that with a few tidbits scattered around.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”