Two Lucid Dreamers

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Two Lucid Dreamers

Postby Summerlander » 10 Aug 2016 10:32

09/08/2016:

'It's all a dream!'

I keep reminding my wife. I know the surroundings are an illusion, but I believe Stacey is a real person---not a dream character---lucidly sharing a dream world with me. 'It is a dream!' she says.

'Well, it's now a lucid dream,' I reply.

We walk through a forest and I coach my wife on how to anchor herself to the dream world and maintain the surroundings. She's new at this. 'Remind yourself that you're dreaming and rub your hands together lest the environment fades,' I tell her with a sense of urgency. She gets annoyed ...

'Yes, love, I know!'

There is a deformed child a few steps behind us. 'It must be one of our kids,' Stacey observes. 'No, it's just a dream character,' I reason. This strange child character mewls as it trudges behind us. It seems scared all of a sudden ...

A growling deer with a hoof for a head follows right behind us. The animal lunges at me and I wrestle with it on the leaf-strewn ground.

'Use your powers!' I shout to my wife. This thing has no antlers I can grab. Stacey gazes at the creature and this one combusts. It's melting and transfiguring into a living meat cube, levitating in midair and producing guttural sounds. I have an idea ...

'I'm going to create a black hole!'

The air bends to my will, forming a spiral with a dark spot at its centre; like a magnet, it sucks the cubic aberration in, ostensibly sending it to another dimension whose soundwaves we can still hear. The growling doesn't cease and somehow the monster makes it back to our dream reality as a colossal humanoid.

We run to a house that looks like my childhood home in Portugal. We lock ourselves in. I'm pretty sure I hear the kid character screaming in horror as the monster eats it. We hide in the bathroom as the monster breaks in. We're cornered. There is no other option but to fight. I plug the goliath with all my might but it's futile.

As I rage against the monster, I turn into Tony Montana, the character played by Al Pacino in Brian De Palma's 'Scarface'.

'You want some?!'

Suddenly, it's not just one assailant. A group of soldiers take my wife away and the house interior is now a massive hall. It's a nightmarish situation and I no longer think it's a dream.

I'm a non-participating observer watching the dream unfold. I witness what happens to Tony Montana as a third person forced to sit down by rogue soldiers ...

'Now we tell you what to do!'

I wake up. It's 5am when I look at the clock. I jot down my experience which it's still fresh in my memory. I wonder if I had been lucid dreaming or just having a lucid dream-themed vivid dream. I can't be sure I was in the hybrid phase state of the brain responsible for the amalgamation of wakefulness and dreaming.

No, it had been a lucid dream for the most part because I knew that I was dreaming. But it's also true to say that not all dream elements were recognised as such; I thought the wife character was real and believed we were sharing a dream.

Perhaps I exhibited Alan Worsley's 'bizarre thinking'. Here's a link about it:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13266
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Transcending.

Re: Two Lucid Dreamers

Postby Transcending. » 10 Aug 2016 11:57

Interesting...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Aug 2016 15:38

It's funny because last Sunday we went to a family picnic in Richmond Park, London. It's full of trees and deers. I also wonder if this bizarre lucid dream was partly subconsciously inspired by the fact that me and my wife finished watching 'Stranger Things'---which features an extradimensional monster---a couple of weeks ago. :shock:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 11 Aug 2016 00:48

Summerlander wrote:It's funny because last Sunday we went to a family picnic in Richmond Park, London. It's full of trees and deers. I also wonder if this bizarre lucid dream was partly subconsciously inspired by the fact that me and my wife finished watching 'Stranger Things'---which features an extradimensional monster---a couple of weeks ago. :shock:
Dreams are strangely awesome and interesting. For some reason I keep having these reoccurring dreams. The only difference is that the second time, it is more vivid. Any reason behind this? :|

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Aug 2016 01:43

Yeah. It's having more impact the second time because the neural pathways for that recurring dream illusion have been reinforced. The synapses have widened like a hose filled with water and therefore have gained more sensory significance in consciousness. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

SacredSleeping

Postby SacredSleeping » 16 Aug 2016 16:00

That was a good read :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Aug 2016 00:44

Thanks! :-D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”