What was I experiencing?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
wispulation

What was I experiencing?

Postby wispulation » 12 Aug 2016 16:07

Hey.
I had a weird experience last night while I was trying to LD. I stayed still in bed for 20 minutes, and I tricked my mind into thinking I was asleep, sleep paralysis started to kick in, and then I closed my eyes, and I felt the ability to go into a dream was alot easier. But then something happened. While my eyes were closed, I could feel myself 'Detaching' from my bed (I couldn't feel the bed or the blanket on me) I started breathing in, cold air, as If I was outside. I knew I was entering a dream. And I was picturing it, I started to feel dizzy, and It felt like I was spinning vertically, in my hypnagogia, I could see the sun starting to form in the sky, but I could only see the yellow outline and no features yet. But then while all this was happening my heart rate was increasing fast, and It got to the point where it was abnormally fast, and my breathing also heavily increased. I had no idea what was happening, but after that, I could not enter the lucid dream.

Could someone please help me, and tell me what happened, and what I should do.
To achieve a Lucid Dream you have to believe you CAN Lucid Dream

Hitch

Re: What was I experiencing?

Postby Hitch » 19 Aug 2016 22:14

wispulation wrote:Hey.
I had a weird experience last night while I was trying to LD. I stayed still in bed for 20 minutes, and I tricked my mind into thinking I was asleep, sleep paralysis started to kick in, and then I closed my eyes, and I felt the ability to go into a dream was alot easier. But then something happened. While my eyes were closed, I could feel myself 'Detaching' from my bed (I couldn't feel the bed or the blanket on me) I started breathing in, cold air, as If I was outside. I knew I was entering a dream. And I was picturing it, I started to feel dizzy, and It felt like I was spinning vertically, in my hypnagogia, I could see the sun starting to form in the sky, but I could only see the yellow outline and no features yet. But then while all this was happening my heart rate was increasing fast, and It got to the point where it was abnormally fast, and my breathing also heavily increased. I had no idea what was happening, but after that, I could not enter the lucid dream.

Could someone please help me, and tell me what happened, and what I should do.

I can tell you this for sure. This is exactly how I started years ago on being able to go in almost at will. In my mind it makes sense to say that its your conscious waking mind "letting go" and its seemed to be a cross roads of the true hypnagogial state where it can choose to turn left or right. And that is what you need to focus on and train your body and mind to feel. IM TELLING YOU this was a very very exciting time for me. Remember that feeling and shoot for it every night. Keep the temperature the same, lighting and even the exact angle and degree/position that your head and body were in. True LD'ers only have one word that means the most at the end of the day, unlike Allen Iverson. Practice.

Hitch

Re: What was I experiencing?

Postby Hitch » 19 Aug 2016 22:15

Hope youre still around.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”