Dreaming about lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ZordX

Dreaming about lucid dreaming

Postby ZordX » 13 Aug 2016 14:08

Last night I had a wired dream. I can't call it a lucid dream cause I was as usual unconcious during that dream(like a vivid dream). I dreamt that I am trying to do a wild, and also succeded in it. But I was totally unaware that I am dreaming(the dream was controling me like normal dreams). I was very happy after succeding in a wild but then after waking up I realized that it was also a vivid dream. So what was that?? Any Bro answer please.
"Dreams are real when we are experiencing them. And don't we live in dreams :mrgreen: ?" ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Transcending.

Re: Dreaming about lucid dreaming

Postby Transcending. » 13 Aug 2016 18:54

Lol. That happens a lot to me too. I'd dream about me talking about lucid dreaming or doing reality checks and still don't become lucid. The only suggestion I have is that you should get use to it. It happens a lot... Good Luck on achieving your LD's :)

upstairsmuffin

Postby upstairsmuffin » 18 Aug 2016 18:18

This has happened to me a couple of times - I perform a reality check, it works and then I try to "believe" I'm dreaming... but the world doesn't become more vivid and I don't have complete power over my environment. I think it's just me dreaming that I'm lucid dreaming based on my imaginations of what it might be like, instead of actually properly lucid dreaming. This happened to me last night, I managed to make the end of a curtain float with the power of thought, but that was it, and I still don't think I completely understood that I was dreaming. Before I knew it, the dream had moved on and I lost any degree of insight I may have had which may have granted me lucidity.
I don't know why I didn't become fully lucid, why I didn't fully realise the significance of what had happened. Maybe it's just because I feel that becoming lucid is too much of a difficult feat. Maybe I'm just not self-aware enough.

Viola

Postby Viola » 29 Aug 2016 22:50

ZordX wrote:Last night I had a wired dream. I can't call it a lucid dream cause I was as usual unconcious during that dream(like a vivid dream). I dreamt that I am trying to do a wild, and also succeded in it. But I was totally unaware that I am dreaming(the dream was controling me like normal dreams). I was very happy after succeding in a wild but then after waking up I realized that it was also a vivid dream. So what was that?? Any Bro answer please.

It happened last night to me too, the difference was that I didn't succed and so, during the dream, I just decided to give up.. ahah! Then I felt so stupid!
But actually it's not too bad: it means your mind is thinking about that a lot, maybe next time you'll be able to use it to become seriously lucid!
Btw, I totally understand your situation.. sadly! Ahah!

Return to “For Beginners”