Why Do I Get Attached To Book Characters

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kate

Why Do I Get Attached To Book Characters

Postby Kate » 14 Aug 2016 15:55

Ok so I've only just acknowledged this problem and I'm not sure if it's related to MDD (maladaptive daydreaming disorder) but I realized that I get attached to characters. Like really attached to the point where I start daydreaming about them and fantasizing and incorporating myself into the story. I have never loved a character in the weird type of way. More like I keep fantasizing about them. Examples, JB from The Missing, Carter from Stranded, and my recent obsession, Trey from A Million Ways Home. Usually once I get real attached to the characters I start trying to get them in my dreams. The two past characters I am not obsessed with anymore but each time I do obsess over one I don't want it to end. These characters all have one thing in common, they are slightly overprotective. Any idea if this is a disorder, or does anyone else relate. Also I think this may have something to do with me being an only child, or the fact that I have no siblings... Though this may sound creepy, Amy ideas on how to KEEP liking the same character? I daydream a lot using the same characters and often pace while doing it. Often I can do this thing when daydreaming and reading where I get completely dis attached to reality for a couple seconds. All responses are appreciated.

MicahDreamz

Re: Why Do I Get Attached To Book Characters

Postby MicahDreamz » 05 Sep 2016 01:12

I can relate to you and I think it's normal. Not a Problem

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”