UFOs: You Seen 'Em?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

UFOs: You Seen 'Em?

Postby Summerlander » 16 Aug 2016 15:39

I've only ever seen two years ago when I used to live in Isleworth, Middlesex London. At around 3am I was smoking a fag and witnessed a strange orange globe flying behind some buildings. No explanation for the glowing oddity.

A few days later, the local paper printed that several people spotted UFOs in the area. Then, one evening, I was having an argument with my sceptical brother-in-law in my backgarden. Gary had never seen UFOs and argued that the stars are too far away for aliens to reach us. I told them these objects could be secret military craft but that the alien hypothesis wasn't too far-fetched either---who knows what beings far more advanced than us are capable of; maybe they've sussed out a zero-gravity propulsion system ...

Just as Gary scoffed, a black sphere flew over our heads. 'They' showed up at the right time! :mrgreen:

'What's that, Gary?'
'Erm ... it's not anything I've seen before ...'
'That's right! You can't identify it. Therefore, it is an unidentified flying object ... a UFO!'

:-D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

seanEE

Re: UFOs: You Seen 'Em?

Postby seanEE » 18 Aug 2016 19:22

What they are i don't know, but I'm fairly sure there is more going on than i can put labels on. Heres something to think about summ, if the likely hood of some advance species making contact with earth some time in the last 2/3000 years is fairly high, then what do you think they would have done? or will do? jump out of the space ship in a two legged and two armed forum and want to shake hands with our chief? ''quite possibly Donald trump some time in the future'' or would such an advanced race rather stay somewhat hidden and extract the earths recourses? or carry out other malicius actively?. just one of my random and terifying thoughts :)
''you must excuse my personality''

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Aug 2016 00:42

Maybe they call themselves 'Summerlander' on forums about lucid dreaming with the intent to disinform. Another terrifying thought ... :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 19 Aug 2016 11:18

that is possible :)

Dane

Postby Dane » 19 Aug 2016 12:47

i have actually never seen things like ufo's/glowing orbs or any of such "things".
although both my mother and grandma claim they have. ( Rotterdam )

a couple of years ago, a friend and i had a conversation on the topic, if intelligent extraterrestrial species( or representatives ) would actually visit our planet, will they possible be hostile or come in peace ?

he claims that in order to rise to a technological advancement which enables the species to travel such vast distances, they would have to lose their aggressive nature/aspects.

plus if it would be for the resources, those found here are available on other planets/systems aswel, and they would not have to fight another species for it.
therefor the visitors must have benign intentions..

i disagree.
i see his philosofical idealistic point, but i see no reason why this would apply to reality.
plus it seems to me over-the-top arrogant that we humans are capable of understanding their motives or situation in the first place.

on the resource thingy.
if those visitors are able to cross such vast distances, wouldn't it be likely that they would have far superior waponry to combat us humans ?
( imagine a huge pile of gold, guarded by cats and monkey's... )

im not saying that they would come with malevolent intentions, but i dare not to exclude it.

what are your thoughts on this ?
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Aug 2016 17:36

I think it's possible that such highly advanced extraterrestrials would be super intelligent and lack emotion. If they came to Earth to consume our planet's resources and wipe us out in the process, it wouldn't necessarily be an aggressive move from their point of view---it would simply be an expedient. Perhaps such beings would perceive us to be the equivalent of what ants are to (most of) us.

Moreover, they would probably know that the universe is vast enough to produce an infinity of Earths exactly like this one and, therefore, exterminating us would hardly be cosmologically significant. :twisted:

And yes ... it's definitely arrogant of us to assume we know anything about their psychology. They would certainly be better than us for having acquired a high level of comprehension about reality through some scientific method that we can't even begin to imagine.

We are mere apes still at war with one another and clinging to delusions. There is nothing impressive about us humans who can barely leave our home world and hardly know how to share it. Perhaps the alien visitors---who are so far ahead technologically---would fail to detect any sort of worthy intelligence in us. :geek:

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 19 Aug 2016 20:05

Thats what always puszles me about our desperitive attemts to blast microwaves into space in an attemt to contact aliens is realy?, would you really want to meet any alien and have them see the mess were in now? it would be really quite embarrassing. altho if the were the nice easy gong spiratule type of alien maby they could help us out a little. :) starting with removing all these humans that call them selfs ''leaders'' and removing all our ''toys'' for safety reasons until we show some maturity.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Aug 2016 00:24

Microwaves? You mean radiowaves, right? :mrgreen:

I think anthropic ignominy should be the least of our concerns when we finally find ourselves vis-à-vis our cosmic neighbours. Our 'mess' is probably no better or worse than what they've probably encountered in numerous other worlds. It could be the case that they historically remember having been in a similar babyhood plight such as our own and feel compassionate or empathetic enough to lend us a helping hand. Or, they could have no regard for other species whatsoever and would never trust us enough with the power of ultimate knowledge.

- Padmasambhava

JessieAnderson

Postby JessieAnderson » 21 Aug 2016 11:25

Well, I think I saw a UFO a couple of years ago,

I remember waking up at around 5:30 am, and couldn't sleep because it was so hot in my room.
So I decided to go outside for a moment to get some fresh air.

So I sat down in the backyard, looking at the sky, and this HUGE thing flew by, I mean it was HUGE. It flew right above me!
I knew it was a UFO right away, I never saw anything like this before. So there I sat looking at this thing, completely paralyzed.

Once it was gone I was shocked, happy, confused, all at the same time. I read about UFO's before but wasn't sure if they existed since I never saw one myself. I decided to tell no one except for my dad, since he's into this kinda thing as well.
I've been thinking about it a lot, I mean, This alien life is obviously aware of us being here, what is it like on their planet? Maybe they've colonized the entire galaxy. We're so ridiculously small :(

But I saw the topic and thought why not share my story

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Aug 2016 12:55

And it's an interesting story, Jessie! Thanks for sharing. Can you describe the UFO as best as you can remember? I wonder if beings as advanced as they are even have a home planet. Maybe their world is long gone and they've made the entire galaxy their habitat. Perhaps they sleep (if it is a biological requirement of theirs) in huge spacecraft.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”