Lucid to dream to lucid to dream, and back again?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Bellacuse

Lucid to dream to lucid to dream, and back again?

Postby Bellacuse » 17 Aug 2016 13:33

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. So, my background is that I am the sort of typical lucid dreamer wannabe, with many lucid dreams under my belt, but all of them of short duration, wildly inconsistent, and limited control. However, what prompted me to post is that I had a very, very strrange experince last night. I attempted SSILD for the first time after waking up about 6 hrs after I fell asleep. I had about 6-7 potential lucid occasssions where I "rolled" out of my bed, then encountered nothing but blackness. No technique worked for me, not examing my hands, not grabbing the floor, not trying to examine my surroundings, nothing. I felt really pissed off at this point, rolled over in real life and tried to just sleep the rest of the morning until I had to work.

Then, I had a dream. Within the dream I became lucid. Then, I called a dream character I have been working on, and she appeared. But she acted in a way that was really wierd to me. It shocked me so much, and we interacted so much, that I got dragged into the dream and lost lucidity. It happens. But then... I regained lucidity in the dream! Never happened to me before. After a short sequence, I got dragged back into the dream and lost lucidity for about 5 minutes (or more, who knows? very hard to tell time in dreams!). But then, I regained lucidity AGAIN!

I am really new to this forum, and I am sorry if this topic has been hashed out before, but has anyone else experienced this back and forth between lucid and non-lucid dreaming?

Midfielder15

Re: Lucid to dream to lucid to dream, and back again?

Postby Midfielder15 » 24 Aug 2016 18:51

This kind of thing happens to me all the time, except most times I start out completely lucid then slowly start getting sucked back into the dream and stay in the dream the rest of the night without any lucidity. I think that changes with just more practice and a lot more focus. I also feel that changing the dream scenes and your actions help you not get sucked back in. The more YOU control it the longer you will stay lucid, so change things constantly and really push to see how much your mind can change/create!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”