Question

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MegaVrund789

Question

Postby MegaVrund789 » 22 Aug 2016 20:15

do you guys have first person LDs or Third person LDs?
does this happen to you guys, you turn lucid but you don't have any control over your dream yourself and and your emotions + the dream is kind of third person??

Azaleaj

Re: Question

Postby Azaleaj » 23 Aug 2016 00:26

I've only had LDs in the first person I believe. I don't have great control of the dream but I do of my actions. I try to have a goal each time and almost always remember to complete it (usually an experiment to prolong or clarify the dream or ask the dream questions like how can I increase my happiness). You say you can't control your emotions. Are you getting too excited?

Midfielder15

Postby Midfielder15 » 24 Aug 2016 16:52

Could stem from the technique that you are using. Different techniques work better/worse for different people and give different results. My advice, keep working on the technique that you are using, the more you practice the better you'll get. Also it's a dream in your control, next time you are in the third person just focus on making it first person and focus on being inside your own body it will work if you focus enough on it and practice it. If this technique still shows failure then switch to a different one.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 26 Aug 2016 15:51

My LDs are mainly in first person, but with third person portions.

I have had several dreams where I am lucid, but am unable to control my actions. In theaters scenarios, I am usually able to control my emotions. These types of dreams usually follow the same kind of first person view that I usually have, with third person bits here and there.
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

Keeboard

Postby Keeboard » 28 Aug 2016 15:54

My dreams are almost always first person, but occasionally I have some parts that are in third person. So you have trouble controlling your dreams? If you want to make someone/ something appear, try turning around and expecting it to be there. Always works for me. For teleportation, try using a door or mirror as a portal. You can even use something solid like a tree or even make a portal out of nothing! You'll need to expect your destination to be on the other side. It's all about expectation.
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

MegaVrund789

Postby MegaVrund789 » 29 Aug 2016 20:43

Guys thanks alot for the advice!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”