I'm back :)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
TheDude

I'm back :)

Postby TheDude » 26 Aug 2016 03:23

I have not been on this site in quite a while, and might I say: the site looks very nice. Just as I have not been on the site in a while, I haven't been practicing lucid dreaming in around the same amount of time. After making the decision to pursue lucid dreaming again, I also decided to return to being active on this site.

Of course, I have some goals for the coming months. These include lucid dreaming at least 2 times a month, keeping a detailed dream journal, and creating a place that I can return to or begin my lucid dreams. The last one is what I'm most excited about. I want to make a sort of plaza where I can build a small city. I would also like to include a sort of library, where I can search for mental blocks, skills I am having trouble mastering, etc., and "unlock" them in my waking life. Is this even possible? Also, do you have any thoughts or suggestions?
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

Dane

Re: I'm back :)

Postby Dane » 26 Aug 2016 10:47

Welcome back matey! :D
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 26 Aug 2016 13:43

Thanks man!
- Walt Disney

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Sep 2016 06:29

Four years ago, I wanted to make my own recurring dream place. I envisioned a library as well, but it would house all my old memories, and some could be like videos I watch of my younger self. I also wanted a sort of Greek building to meet with an Oracle of some kind and speak to them and get great insight. And I also planned for there to be a brothel as well :mrgreen: . Each building would have a different mood and feel depending on what I was in the mood for in the dream.

I never did create one, and each dream has just been completely bonkers, with pretty much no consistency, but I still think it might be possible if you spend time creating the place in your mind when awake. It just might be possible.

Good luck with that, and welcome back.

(Sorry about your rug, The Dude. It really tied the room together, didn't it?) ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 19 Sep 2016 22:45

Thanks for the tips and ideas.

(Sorry about your rug, The Dude. It really tied the room together, didn't it?) ;)

What rug? :?
- Walt Disney

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Sep 2016 00:37

We went through this before, over a year ago. With a name like yours we're all going to make Big Lebowski jokes. I know you hadn't seen it before, so I was testing if you had now. I barely even know that cult classic, but I still know that line!

Anyway, Dream Incubation is absolutely possible. I actually haven't much, unless it was by accident, based on what I was thinking about as I dozed off, but it's certainly possible to design the dream place if you put in the effort, I'm sure.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”