Seemingly Unable to Remember Dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Leriko

Seemingly Unable to Remember Dreams

Postby Leriko » 28 Aug 2016 13:25

Hey there.

For the past few months, I've been working on trying to lucid dream and I know that dream recall is the most important factor. The thing is, I have found it impossible to remember my dreams, no matter what I do. I can say that I have tried a few methods that people have found effective. Like a dream journal and the thing where you set the alarms to wake you up after 4.5-6 hours of sleep. Those sorts of things. None of them are improving my dream recall, though, as I don't even remember tiny fragments of my dreams. Even when I do (only really small and blurry fragments), I write them down in my dream journal in as much detail as I can as soon as possible but that doesn't help either.
I'll give a little bit of information about myself just in case it will help.

I am a fifteen year old male. I am currently participating in high school and must wake up at seven in the morning so I attempt to fall asleep at nine in the evening. My mind feels as if it requires a lot of rest, hence my nine to ten hour sleep schedule for every night (does that affect anything?). I meditate for twenty to thirty minutes a day if I can find the time, which is almost always, and meditation has not helped like people say it should. I attempt to read for at least thirty minutes before I go to bed, but because I usually procrastinate (video games, creative writing, et cetera) I forget to.

I am starting to become desperate for answers so I have come to this forum. After browsing through pages of topics, I have been unable to find a problem like mine. So, I am requesting help from anyone who might know what is going on with my dream recall! Any help will be appreciated, no matter how minor it is! Thank you to anyone who read this wall of text and thank you in advance to anyone who answers!

Keeboard

Re: Seemingly Unable to Remember Dreams

Postby Keeboard » 28 Aug 2016 16:30

Try this: have a drink of water before going to sleep and say "I will remember my dreams tonight". Same thing when you wake up. And when you wake up, don't move at all. Just try to recall your dreams. If you move right away, it'll probably be harder to remember. If you have a lucid dream, you could try telling a dc (or your subconscious) to show you something that will you make you remember the dream. Good luck!
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

Leriko

Postby Leriko » 28 Aug 2016 22:39

I'll try that, even though I'll probably unconciously move upon awakening. Thanks for answering! It means a lot to me as I've been struggling with this issue for a while now.

Dreamer X

Postby Dreamer X » 29 Aug 2016 05:38

Leriko wrote:Hey there.

For the past few months, I've been working on trying to lucid dream and I know that dream recall is the most important factor. The thing is, I have found it impossible to remember my dreams, no matter what I do. I can say that I have tried a few methods that people have found effective. Like a dream journal and the thing where you set the alarms to wake you up after 4.5-6 hours of sleep. Those sorts of things. None of them are improving my dream recall, though, as I don't even remember tiny fragments of my dreams. Even when I do (only really small and blurry fragments), I write them down in my dream journal in as much detail as I can as soon as possible but that doesn't help either.
I'll give a little bit of information about myself just in case it will help.

I am a fifteen year old male. I am currently participating in high school and must wake up at seven in the morning so I attempt to fall asleep at nine in the evening. My mind feels as if it requires a lot of rest, hence my nine to ten hour sleep schedule for every night (does that affect anything?). I meditate for twenty to thirty minutes a day if I can find the time, which is almost always, and meditation has not helped like people say it should. I attempt to read for at least thirty minutes before I go to bed, but because I usually procrastinate (video games, creative writing, et cetera) I forget to.

I am starting to become desperate for answers so I have come to this forum. After browsing through pages of topics, I have been unable to find a problem like mine. So, I am requesting help from anyone who might know what is going on with my dream recall! Any help will be appreciated, no matter how minor it is! Thank you to anyone who read this wall of text and thank you in advance to anyone who answers!

Heyo, Leriko.

I'm X, and I have the same kind of trouble as you. As far back as I can remember, I've had no dream recall. Nothing, just a blank slate. Recently, I've been trying WILD and even though it's an advanced technique, it seems to be helping me improve recall, bit by bit. (Even though I still can't remember much)

I'm not sure if it'll work for you because, as I said, it's probably the most difficult way to induce LDs, but it's the only way I've had any luck.

Leriko

Postby Leriko » 29 Aug 2016 06:06

I've tried WILD numerous times but it didn't help one bit at all, sadly. I'd either fall asleep like I normally would or get to a point where my mind was awake but my body wouldn't fall asleep.

I didn't know it had the potential to improve recall, though. I'll try WILD again sometime and see if it helps. Thanks for responding, X!

Return to “For Beginners”