Hi

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
VSM1995

Hi

Postby VSM1995 » 29 Aug 2016 18:49

My name is Valarie Meza. I've been dealing with lucid dreaming for many, many years now. But it was not too long ago that I realized that this was something more. I just cant put my finger on it. But a bit more of me, I have a daughter who is almost two. I consider myself an artistic person as well as a techy, nerdy person, ha-ha. I love video games, and all that good stuff.

Like I said, I've been dealing with lucid dreaming for many years, but not too long ago I realized what I can do in these dreams. What was going on around me. That I was able to have control over myself. These dreams that I've always had, it seems like I was awake, but I wasn't. I knew I was dreaming. But it was all to vivid. I'm still trying to figure this all out.. I noticed to, and I've been documenting in notebooks and journals, that these dreams I have are continuous. Its not like I dream of one thing one night, and something totally different happens in my next dream the next night. No. Where I leave off in one dream, I pick up on the next. It scares me a bit just the thought of it. But at the same time it fascinates me.

In the dreams, I've realized I could do the same things while I am awake, but in the dream. For instance, how I can talk with someone face to face while awake, I somehow am able to control and remember what I say while I'm communication with someone or something in my dream. And this is where it get's me. This happened not to long ago but I was able to feel, taste..i was able to use my senses in my dreams. I never knew this was possible at all. Then later on when my dreams would go south, i would call people i knew into my dreams. Or someone else would call me into theirs. To be honest. I'm scared. And i don't know if i should be or not.

My goals right now is to seek help into how i am able to do all this. And if there is more i can do. I don't want this to stop. But the fact that all this is coming at me at once is shocking and frightening at the same time. I want to gain more knowledge of lucid dreaming and anything else dream related.

Thank you :)

SleepyKitty

Re: Hi

Postby SleepyKitty » 30 Aug 2016 04:00

Hey Valarie! c:

Dreams are indeed one of the most fascinating things that humans do. Nobody really knows exactly why and how people dream - all we know are bunch of facts about the brain being active during our sleep.

The reason why the activities that occur in our dreams are so vivid and real to us is because (according to research) the reaction and activities happening in our brain during dreams are impossibly similar to what happens when we are awake - things we experience in dreams seem just as real to us because of how are brain processes our dreams, but just slightly different. Using our senses in dreams are pretty common; most people don't remember their dreams when they wake up so they don't really realize this, but this is where lucid dreaming gets interesting.

We can both be awake and asleep at the same time. Kind of. So all the things you mentioned are not quite surprising, but one thing I'm not familiar with is about how you can pick up where you left off in your dream.
these dreams I have are continuous
It's certainly possible, but I haven't heard of someone continuing dreams every single night That's awesome!

I hope someone else can answer your other questions. There's so little known about dreams, and I think it's something a lot of people dismiss. Tell me if you find something else about this!
Image Meow

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 30 Aug 2016 22:59

Valerie, welcome!

That is very interesting how you resume in subsequent dreams where you have stopped. I do not experience such very much. Your amazement at what is happening probably solidifies the memory of the developing story. It also heightens your expectation and so enables the continuation.

You probably will not be able to account fully for the amazing things regarding dreams. It is not a reason to be afraid. Dreams are illusions, which cannot actually harm you, but can be misleading with respect to fear and to reality. Verify any supposed truth discoveries from dreams chiefly with critique of the wake mind.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 31 Aug 2016 22:46

It sounds like you are a very experienced and talented lucid dreamer.

I highly recommend the following -

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner
Includes fascinating chapters about advanced stages of lucid dreaming, such as - interacting with different types of dream characters, mutual dreaming, experiencing the light of awareness, and the hidden observer/creator behind dreaming.

- Website - "Past Issues/ Lucid Dreaming Experience Magazine" - dreaminglucid.com
View (free) quarterly issues back to year 2001
Includes numerous interviews with experienced lucid dreamers.

- Book - "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" - by Carl Jung
Renowned psychiatrist, Carl Jung, explored the deep realms of his own psyche, by working with the metaphorical imagery of dreams and active imagination. Then he incorporated his intuitive concepts and practices in the treatment of his patients.

Bux

Postby Bux » 04 Sep 2016 11:21

It is definitely possible to build continuity with your dreams and even link them up on consecutive nights. Most of my most epic dreams aren't one-offs, but years of random recurrences of the same dream story picking up from where I last left it. It's like getting the latest game of thrones season but 100x better because your the main character! Sometimes if I'm in the middle of an amazing dream and I know my alarm clock is due to go off soon, I'll come out of the dream as little as possible and put alarm 5mins forward then lay back to sleep to finish rest of dream. And no I'm not just dreaming that I'm doing it, just years of practice.

Sounds like your on the right path and already have a good amount of skill by experiencing senses such as taste and linking dreams.
My only dream advice would be to keep gaming. Video games help with handling lucid dream situations and environments.
Also always remember it's all YOU. Whether it's a tsunami, the devil, your best friend etc... remember it's your brain, your mind, your dream, everything is there to represent something about yourself.

I wish you many epic dreams for the future
"Let it go, let it flow"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”