Personified Subconscious

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
TheDude

Personified Subconscious

Postby TheDude » 29 Aug 2016 21:08

A while ago, I had a lucid dream in which I asked to talk to my subconscious. I was then teleported to a white room with a metal table, a fluorescent light hanging above the table, and an old man. The man was old with long white hair, and an even longer white beard (think of an older Gandolf). He wore a long grey robe, and a pair of brown sandals. I sat down at the empty seat in front of the table, and I asked him questions about myself, and life. I wish I could recall the entire convo, but I didn't really get many details of our conversations. I may be able to find the entry in my dj if anyone wants to hear the whole thing.
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

Dane

Re: Personified Subconscious

Postby Dane » 01 Sep 2016 23:43

If your willing to talk, i'm willing to listen ;)
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 19 Sep 2016 23:16

Sorry it took me so long. Anyway, here's the dream:

I was standing outside on a road. The road spiraled down the side of a mountain, and offered the most amazing view. I looked over and saw an earthen platform with the ruins of castle's tower on top of it. There were construction workers building scaffolding and preparing to rebuild the tower. I noticed that the truck had the AT&T logo on it which I noticed, but chose to ignore. I walked into the castle tower, and waited for someone to appear. I remembered visiting this place before, although I could not remember when (I've been to this place a few times in my dreams maybe 2 or 3, but always without the construction. I think the guy that is usually there has some kind of powers. I seem to remember that from another dream, but I couldn't find the other entries in this dream journal; it must be in the one I lost). I talk to the man inside, and somewhere during the conversation I became lucid and the scene faded. I was in some sort of city. I looked to the sky and yelled "I want to speak to my subconscious". The dream obeyed, and the scene shifted. I was in an all white room with a metal table in the center. There was a light above the table, and on either side were two seats. One empty, and one with an old man. The old man had a wooden staff, a long white beard, long white hair, and a light grey gown that came down to his ankles. He somewhat resembled a slightly older version of Gandalf. I remember asking him questions, most of them important, but I can't remember any of the questions or answers.
- Walt Disney

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Sep 2016 02:33

I think your dream character is fitting your own innate vision of "The Wise Old Man" archetype. For you it was Gandolf. For me once, it was an old Kung Fu master with a long white beard which is so stereotypical in movies, because it is already ingrained in our psyche. (What comes first? The chicken or the egg; the movies or our dreams? ;) ) We long for someone wise and expect that when we ask a profound question in a dream from a higher being that knows more than we do in a dream. God and Zeus had long, white beards too. ;)

It's expectation from our inner archetype.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Sep 2016 18:25

Have you seen The Matrix: Revolutions?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 28 Sep 2016 21:00

No, I haven't actually seen any of the Matrix movies.
- Walt Disney

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Sep 2016 06:40

I haven't seen that one either.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Sep 2016 20:16

https://youtu.be/K3OXs_5AD2A
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Oct 2016 02:37

Interesting. The architect was Colonel Sanders this whole time!
Gotta trust a guy in a white beard!

I'm replying as I watch, and just realized the subtitles don't match. :D
(I'll finish and reply when I restart and actually watch it, but I like my first, genuine reaction. )

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Oct 2016 03:02

That was funny.

I love it when pretentious, verbally-fluent, Poultry- butchering-Colonel-inspired, illusory, Homo sapiens, articulate orally, sending air-born reverberations for my ears to detect, and formulate meaning.
(I understood his shit) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAybpeWwzd0
Neo meets George Carlin, another wise man with a beard. I see a trend.

Return to “Dream Characters”