Can't fall back asleep (WBTB)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Caroline

Can't fall back asleep (WBTB)

Postby Caroline » 31 Aug 2016 05:20

I haven't had a lucid dream yet so I tried the WBTB tonight. I woke up an hour before my alarm went off so I only had about 5 and a half hours of sleep. Then I tried doing the MILD but that didn't work so I tried just falling back asleep but that hasn't worked yet either although I'm very tired. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your answers in advance :)

Pilgrim

Re: Can't fall back asleep (WBTB)

Postby Pilgrim » 31 Aug 2016 09:24

Well, I never had any success with trying to enter dream from being awake. I would just stay awake with such method. From reading some of the feedback on the forum, I think maybe over-trying might be one of the barriers. Struggle to succeed might induce the mental framework that the barrier is difficult. Each person is different, but I wonder if believing lucid dreaming is easy might facilitate. (Easier said than done?)

Anyway, the logic that I have come across that I find most helpful is to ask self a few times per day how I know the environment is real (and maybe do brief reality checks). Eventually, you will question reality in a dream. Once you are amazed by the initial realization of being in a dream, it is easier to replicate. (Don't worry if you wake yourself up with excitement the first time. The first realization is a major step toward future success.)

Otherwise, I have come to realize that often, I am dreaming of trying to go to sleep. Gently test sometimes whether you can float out of bed without giving too much hard analysis so as to prevent sleep (if you are really awake).

Seven

Postby Seven » 31 Aug 2016 16:28

i sometimes get this problem
you could try waking up earlier so that you are still tired and stay out of bed for less time when you wake up. I heard some people stay up for only 5 minutes before going back to sleep.

I hope this helps

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 31 Aug 2016 22:04

Rather than using an alarm clock, you could just wait until your body wakes up naturally, due to needing to go to the bathroom, especially closer towards morning hours.

Also, I suggest, try using a "Sleepy Baby Bulb".

This is an LED bulb which emits an amber light (similar to campfire light), at a frequency which enhances brain chemistry associated with sleep. It has a standard lamp bulb base. I've been using this bulb as an accessory light (with a dimmer) in my bedroom for several months, and it really does make it easier to go to sleep.

Search -
- Lighting Sciences Group - Residential - Sleepy Baby Bulb (about $ 29)

- Home Depot - Table lamp or credenza dimmer. I bought Lutron brand.

Return to “For Beginners”