Can't Control My Dreams When I'm Lucid?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MarcoLD

Can't Control My Dreams When I'm Lucid?

Postby MarcoLD » 31 Aug 2016 19:11

I have been lucid dreaming and practicing it since I was 12 years old. I'm now 17 and this is still an issue... I can never seem to do what I want, even though I am lucid. A good example is the nap that i just took, which is why I created this account because I'm so fed up lol. In my nap, i looked at my hand, as I normally do in order to achieve lucidity. My hand looked all crazy so i knew I was dreaming, but i could not control what was happening. I could not control where I was, or who surrounded me. Frankly I didn't care about those aspects at the time, and all I wanted to do was just make a girl that I know appear in front of me, and I just couldn't. My vision was blurry, my head was so heavy, I could barely keep it up. Felt like a nightmare almost now that I think about it. Ever since I was 12 i have had lucid dreams now and again and I have never once been able to take full advantage. Everytime I try to fly, i just fall right back down. Everytime I try to change my setting, its as if the task is impossible amd i'm in the real world! I have no control over my lucid dreams and i'm so angry about it. Please help.

Keeboard

Re: Can't Control My Dreams When I'm Lucid?

Postby Keeboard » 01 Sep 2016 19:16

To summon things/people: Say out loud that whatever you want to summon is behind you, turn around, and expect it to be there. This pretty much always works for me. It's all about expectation.

To teleport to another dream scene: Find a door or mirror (if you can't find one, summon one) then use it as a portal. Expect your desired destination to be on the other side. You can even make a portal out of nothing or something solid like a tree. This also always works for me (I never get my desired location, but I think the problem is that I'm not expecting it).
As for flying, have no doubt you can do it. Maybe start in a high place, or try levitation first and work your way up.
Hope I helped! :)
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

MarcoLD

Postby MarcoLD » 02 Sep 2016 00:16

Keeboard wrote:To summon things/people: Say out loud that whatever you want to summon is behind you, turn around, and expect it to be there. This pretty much always works for me. It's all about expectation.

To teleport to another dream scene: Find a door or mirror (if you can't find one, summon one) then use it as a portal. Expect your desired destination to be on the other side. You can even make a portal out of nothing or something solid like a tree. This also always works for me (I never get my desired location, but I think the problem is that I'm not expecting it).
As for flying, have no doubt you can do it. Maybe start in a high place, or try levitation first and work your way up.
Hope I helped! :)

Today while taking a nao i literally said that someone will be behind me when I turn around and nobody was there. This was even before I read your reply. As for the portal suggestion, knowing my current luck, the door will lead to nothing special or maybe wont even open. I know it has something to do with my confidence and my psychology. I want to make myself believe but it just isn't happening. I don't know what to do!

Keeboard

Postby Keeboard » 02 Sep 2016 03:58

Yeah, when you turn around, you need to expect something or someone to be there. And when going through a portal, visualize a location and expect it to be there. Just be patient and keep trying, have a positive attitude
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

Return to “For Beginners”