My first lucid dream experience and other experience

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Windzal

My first lucid dream experience and other experience

Postby Windzal » 01 Sep 2016 11:51

Hey dreamers. My first post here I think. Today I had an interesting dream experience which I want to share and understand better. Also, have a question related to my first lucid dream.

About 2 weeks ago I had my first lucid dream experience which lasted for a very short time. I don't do any lucid dreaming techniques (like dream journal or reality checks), but something triggered me to become conscious that I'm dreaming. Maybe it was reoccuring dream theme that made me realize that in real life things do not happen in the same way. I didn't write the experience the moment I woke up, so I don't remember the dream itself, but I perfectly remember the moment when I was standing in the room with other dream characters. And at that moment when the thought "shit, I might be dreaming" crossed my head, everything just zoomed out and gradually started becoming brighter and more vivid until it reached the point when the room seemed as real as if I'm not dreaming anymore, yet I knew I'm dreaming. That's kinda a paradox of a lucid dream. Is this what usually happens when lucid dreaming? My dreams are usually blury and obscure, but after realizing that I'm dreaming, everything became extremely vivid as never before. The dream became so smooth as if it's on 100fps and had DMT-like feeling to it. I became really excited and like every single first-time lucid dreamers decided to jump out of the window and rest my flying skills. But... I got affraid of doing so, because since everything looked and felt so real, I started thinking that if I'm not able to control the flight, I will smash into the pavement and going to die, or at least feel the pain generated by my mind. So, I didn't do it, but started lavitating floating in the room until I woke up. It was really short conscious moment, but really remarkable.

Today, however, I had other interesting dream experience. I think it was lucid dream, but I'm not sure. Help me to grasp it. What happened is that I woke up in the middle of the night and then quickly felt asleep again falling into the dream state immediately. I quickly became conscious that I'm dreaming and everything became as vivid and bright as in my first lucid dream experience. But the different part here was that I started feeling my body. And I felt like if I moved any part of my dream body, my real life body which was in bed moved accordingly. I was laying in my dream and when I decided to stand up and do something, I felt that my real body is standing up as well. I literally felt like this is how lunatics move, although I was conscious that I'm doing. It was really weird experience. Has anyone ever experienced something similar? Was it lucid dream or something else? Why I was able to feel my body?

Dane

Re: My first lucid dream experience and other experience

Postby Dane » 02 Sep 2016 08:24

its because the mind & body are one.
you are trying to move by using your muscles as if IRL.
next time, try not to actually move your muscles, but rather, Will yourself moving.

i know SP should counter that, yet i've read here and there reports with a similair occurance.

Best of Luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Windzal

Postby Windzal » 04 Sep 2016 18:57

Dane wrote:its because the mind & body are one.
next time, try not to actually move your muscles, but rather, Will yourself moving.

i know SP should counter that, yet i've read here and there reports with a similair occurance.

Best of Luck!

Thank you for the reply!

But what is the difference between moving your muscles and willing yourself to move? Moving your muscles requires will, so I'm using my will in any case inevidibly?

Yeah. Body and mind are the one. But usually in regular lucid dream our real bodies doesn't move accrodingally to the dream body. I think the reason why it happened was that I wasn't sleeping deep enough and the boundary between dream world and real world was therfore very small.

Maybe you could share other people reporting same thing? Would be cool to read about it more.

Also, what is SP?

Dane

Postby Dane » 06 Sep 2016 21:13

Windzal wrote:
Dane wrote:its because the mind & body are one.

Best of Luck!

Thank you for the reply!

But what is the difference between moving your muscles and willing yourself to move? Moving your muscles requires will, so I'm using my will in any case inevidibly?

Yeah. Body and mind are the one. But usually in regular lucid dream our real bodies doesn't move accrodingally to the dream body. I think the reason why it happened was that I wasn't sleeping deep enough and the boundary between dream world and real world was therfore very small.

Maybe you could share other people reporting same thing? Would be cool to read about it more.

Also, what is SP?

No problem.
Yes but there is still a difference between willing to move and actually moving.

Indeed "mostly" our physical body does not correspond to the movements of the dream body.
This is due to SP ( sleep paralysis ).

However there are people enduring sleep issue's which clearly shows their SP-program doesn't function properly. :P
For example people enduring, rem behaviour disorder.

https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/rem-behavior-disorder
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Sep 2016 06:55

I can relate.

I remember a past lucid dream I had, and as soon as I realized I was dreaming, everything became hyper-colored and vibrant.

When it comes to dreaming quickly after a short period of being awake, you are on the brink of a WILD, and yes, body and mind get confused and sometimes feel like we are moving but it's just a dream body, a construct of our mind. Our proprioception when awake is all in the mind too.

It get's crazy, but normal for me and it's good to know you are not alone with that. It's hard to explain but I just wanted to reply and say, it's normal here amongst us. I could explain it more, but would need to write a whole book!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”