All of a sudden I slided from lucid to normal

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidAlice

All of a sudden I slided from lucid to normal

Postby LucidAlice » 05 Sep 2016 22:43

Hi there :)

First of all, I am german, so sorry for my bad english ^^

The header says it all actually; I got my first and only lucid dream one month ago and I recognized me dreaming (without using any reality checks or anything), by just noticing a drastic changing of a mouse turning into a blowball. It got me being aware of it and I began walking around after I pointed out "Oh yes I'm dreaming!" and searched for something odd to see (I wanted to make sure if I get lucid that I'll find any evidence of extra terrestrial beings or similar for better world unterstanding because yet I hadn't any success in doing an out of body experience) and then there was a break, and I wasn't lucid anymore or even concious all of a sudden.. I didnt influenced anything anymore, it the dream just happened to be. Later on, I did something for personal reasons again I guess because I wanted to tape a monsters mouth by drawing x-es lol just tried to make it disperse, just didnt wanted to get a bite ^^

So, I got lucid, one time, and then later on again but somehow low percent (the tape scene didn't really felt the same as the first thought of being lucid, but it was still kinda lucid) while having breaks and after the tape scene nothing special happened, I cant even remember the end of the dream...

Whats the manner? Is it a cause of way too much excitement?

And besides, I was wondering why I got lucid without having any reality checks used. I write a dream journal and try to make reality checks as much as I can but they weren't even necessary when I had my first any only lucid dream! Kinda confusing for me I dunno what to do next.

I'd be very happy about reactions, it is my first posting here by the way :)

Greetings,

LucidAlice

Jacob46719

Re: All of a sudden I slided from lucid to normal

Postby Jacob46719 » 06 Sep 2016 01:03

Welcome to WoLD, LucidAlice.

I think you lost lucidity because you got distracted. It is so easy to lose track and 'drop out' of the moment. However, excitement could also be a major factor. Both of these will likely happen a lot for your first several LDs.

As for your lucidity trigger, I believe it was your ability to recognize that the shapeshifting mouse wasn't normal. If this is the case, then I'd suggest recording it on paper as a dream sign. Since the changing of the mouse was enough to divert your attention from the rest of the dream, something similar may be able to do the same.

Reality Checks are usually necessary, as they help you question and verify your environment.

What to do next? Totally your choice. I'd say check out lucid dreaming guides for whatever method you like. Maybe pick a method and try it out for awhile to see if it works for you. Keep in mind that you're just starting out. You don't need spectacular results the first few times around.

The main point here is to never give up.

I Hope I helped.
Don't give up on your dreams! Keep sleeping...

LucidAlice

Postby LucidAlice » 07 Sep 2016 20:08

Thank you very much for your considerable answer,

Thats true, I really got distracted. I even said out loud (Ok ok alles klar,... ich muss etwas finden!" = "Oh ok now ok now, I need to find something!" but I didn't know how ^^It was simply just a lucid dream not an out of body experience *lol*

I will think about it... The problem is, I rarely get dreams in which is something strange appearing like the mouse turning into a blowball right after something normal happens. My dreams are always constantly fantasy like or daily routine with "normal" strange things.
Thats why there'd be no chance again soon to recognize a drastic changing in my dream again ^^

Greetings

Araş

Postby Araş » 15 Sep 2016 20:12

Hi :) I'm sorry for grammatical errors, I'm from south Azerbaijan.

I'm a new lucid dreamer and my first lucid dream was last year, but I have similar experiences a few times (falling from lucid to normal dreaming). One of them was some kind of strange and funny: "I'm on the streets of a city with tall buildings on a moonlit night. Realizing that I'm in a dream, I start flying. Then I start flying to the moon thru the earth. I see myself in the space flying to the moon... (Here comes the falling) Then happens a false awakening, I see that I'm lying on a bed in the yard of a big house, I open my eyes and look at the moon in the sky and think about my dream while smiling, then I close my eyes and fall asleep again..."

I should also add this that my lucid dreams always happens as I think of lucid dreaming or realize myself among the dream world .I have read about two meditations from Osho for lucid dreaming: One of them is to remember that every thing is a dream, and the other one is to remember "I am". I think reality checks somehow help one of these main techniques. You can read about them searching "Conscious while dreaming".

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Sep 2016 21:09

You slid. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Sep 2016 07:01

Losing lucidity can happen just as spontaneously as becoming lucid in the first place. I don't become lucid from reality checks often either, and it just sort of happens. But it can quickly be lost as well.

Every now and then in a lucid dream keep reminding yourself that you are dreaming, and rub your hands together to increase the vividness and the sense of your body. There are other ways, but rubbing hands is a common one. The main idea is to not get lost in the dream and retain your lucid way of thinking, keeping the place as real as it can get. If you do that, you will prolong it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Rocksbreeze

Postby Rocksbreeze » 19 Sep 2016 22:20

So I had a similar problem this morning. I set the alarm to go off like normal however I ended up falling asleep on the couch with the TV off. While I was dreaming I have a vivid memory of me following someone (I can't remember who) through my kitchen into the dining room. I once realized I was lucid when I looked up at the kitchen cabinet to the right of the microwave and some antique blue vases were in the shelves... I cannot remember where I must've seen these in my life but I remember telling myself within the dream, that I am dreaming! Following my sudden realization that I was dreaming I suddenly became VERY self conscience of my sleeping self. I felt as if I couldn't talk or had to whisper. I was afraid that while I was lucid I wouldn't be able to control my sleeping self, and I would be vocalizing any conversation from my lucidity into my actual reality and waking my sleeping roommates! I also felt this feeling wash over me as if I was being pulled back and waking up. I tried to fight it off, but eventually succumbed to either waking up or drifting out of my lucid state and back into my dream. I was however able to try forcing my surrounding to change and controlling the person I was with; though, I do not believe I was successful! :lol: Anyways within i assume an hour I realized I was sleeping again!(mind you this is the first lucid dream I have ever had) Two lucid dreams in one night, I am freaking out! This time I was at work, and someone was asking us to move a car that didn't belong to anyone we knew (we being me and a coworker). I looked down at my hands and my fingers were misshaped and my ring was missing. I realized I was dreaming and kept telling myself silently and looking at my hands constantly but I felt the same "restrictions" i felt previously. However I did manage to go out on a limb and demand a stranger for their keys, they didn't the first request; but when I stuck out my hand and told them to give me their keys they did without hesitation. I was so stoked that I woke up! :lol: I want to know if anyone feels this pull I do when I'm lucid, or is it just something I will get used to because this is such a new feeling. Like does anyone feel speech restricted?

I'm really concerned weather or not this was a lucid dream or if I fabricated this and it is a dream my myself lucid dreaming, the question is haunting xD

LucidAlice

Postby LucidAlice » 27 Sep 2016 19:12

Summerlander wrote:You slid. :mrgreen:

Sorry :lol:
Rocksbreeze wrote:So I had a similar problem this morning. I set the alarm to go off like normal however I ended up falling asleep ....
I'm really concerned weather or not this was a lucid dream or if I fabricated this and it is a dream my myself lucid dreaming, the question is haunting xD

Well I think you'll never misunderstand yourself being lucid :D If you were realizing that you were dreaming than you were kind of lucid its just a manner of training and self conciousness if you are capable of influencing ur surroundings. Congrats u managed it very well, two dreams a night, not bad :shock:

HAGART wrote:Losing lucidity can happen just as spontaneously as becoming lucid in the first place. I don't become lucid from reality checks often either, and it just sort of happens. But it can quickly be lost as well.

Every now and then in a lucid dream keep reminding yourself that you are dreaming, and rub your hands together to increase the vividness and the sense of your body. There are other ways, but rubbing hands is a common one....

Well recently I realized that I was dreaming and payed attention to my hands, they were very pale and faint and I couldn't really recognize how they looked like, only thing I know is that they really looked kinda odd ^^" I remembered on ur posting and rubbed my hands together to make my dream more intense and sharp. After that I lost the thread and I do not even remember what happened after lol didn't work, rly don't know why...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Sep 2016 00:04

Lucid dreams are inconsistent for me, and most others. Sometimes things work well, and then in another dream they don't. That's par for the course. Keep on dreaming and developing experience on your own. I've had quite a few, but will always learn more and grow, and can't explain why sometimes things work, and other times they don't.

I've actually forgotten to rub my hands together in lucid dreams for over a year now, so I don't always practice what I preach. I tend to do the first thing on my mind without developing and enhancing all my senses first, but if I had, I bet my dreams would have been longer and more vivid.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Sep 2016 18:30

You've been practising what you don't preach! :o

You naughty boy! :twisted:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”