New / Need help!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
caseyjay

New / Need help!

Postby caseyjay » 06 Sep 2016 01:21

Hi there, My name Is Casey. I have tried to lucid dream on and off for several years. This summer I made by "best" attempt at lucid dreaming. I joined this forum, registered for the courses, purchased a few books. Kept a dream journal regularly for about a month. My dream recall was noticeably better after doing these steps, I even tried taking a few supplements. I want to re-commit to my lucid dreaming practice but am finding it difficult to overcome this hump of practicing with no reward of a lucid dream. Any advice would be truly wonderful!

Pilgrim

Re: New / Need help!

Postby Pilgrim » 06 Sep 2016 07:04

Have you ever had your first lucid dream?

Take a break from whatever is consistently not working. Believe that there is no struggle to lucid dream, as much as possible. Never worry about lost opportunity because you will be dreaming during sleep for the rest of your life.

Keeboard

Postby Keeboard » 06 Sep 2016 22:13

Have you tried to induce lucid dreams yet? One way to do this is to do numerous reality checks during the day, such as looking at your hands (hands usually look messed up in dreams). Eventually, you'll probably start to do it in dreams and realize you're dreaming, having a DILD (dream induced lucid dream). You can also try other techniques such as WILD (wake induced lucid dream). With WILD, you need to wake up during the night for a short period of time after 4-6 hours of sleep (it may work when first going to sleep or after 7-8 hours of sleep, it varies from person to person). Don't wake yourself up with an alarm too frequently, though, because then you may not get enough sleep. Basically, you just clear your mind and relax, maybe visualize a scene. The trick is you need to keep your mind awake while your body falls asleep. You'll probably see colours behind your eyes (hypnogogia) eventually and this means you're close to a lucid dream. You'll probably also experience sleep paralysis, which also means you're close (if this happens, don't panic). You may hear voices or music, or get a buzzing sensation. If you succeed, the dream will be quite vivid. Hope I helped!
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

caseyjay

Postby caseyjay » 07 Sep 2016 02:58

Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”