MY LD problems

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
KateVendy108

MY LD problems

Postby KateVendy108 » 07 Sep 2016 06:21

Hello there!
here's Kate. I've been trying to induce LD for about two years now. I tried reality chcecks, many techniques - WILD, MILD and whatever else I know. I've read a book about LD and I was so interested in it and I still am! And sometimes i had sometihing what seemed like LD. Once I even woke into a dream but I couldn't control it and after few secs I woke up. And once I saw one colorful red picture and realized I was dreaming. But unfortunately just after this I woke up. But I think it's possible for me to have LD if I had this, right?
But this has been really long sime and until now I never had anything simillar again. Today I tried FILD - I!'ve read it was pretty powerfull but I think I wasn't in the right moment because every time I tried it nothing happened. maybe I should've firstly get up and have a walk? Anyone any advice for FILD? Or just for my LD? I'd be greatefull for any respond!

Thanks for your time reading this

Kate

TheLAWvirus

Re: MY LD problems

Postby TheLAWvirus » 16 Oct 2016 21:27

I know that you've mentioned the methods that you've tried but could you go into a bit more detail, for example how did you try to WILD etc this way I can (at least try) to help out if possible
Alive? Or just breathing?

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 17 Oct 2016 10:22

Kate, it sounds like you have probably tried most techniques and advice. All I have to say about LD in general, then, is a couple of things. If you snore, sleep on your side. Two, give up for a few days. Acknowledge before sleeping that you are not going to try at all to LD, but that you will be okay if you do LD.

Might as well try opposite of what normal advice is. Return to the book techniques at any time. Your subtle expectation is probably that the techniques do not work for you, since it has been a struggle. If it happens that determining not to try actually fosters LD, it might give you a path to believe.

Yes, this is weird. I know. :D

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 17 Oct 2016 14:52

Pilgrim wrote: If you snore, sleep on your side.

Pilgrim, why is this? I spend most of the night on my back and I snore a bit too. Does this hamper lucidity? I normally lie on my back because it is the best position to meditate in, especially for physical relaxation. I am curious :)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 17 Oct 2016 19:44

Snoring can decrease the quality of your sleep. The best example is obstructive sleep apnea to varying severity. On your back, the obstruction of airway is usually worse because gravity pulls the soft tissues backwards.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 17 Oct 2016 19:50

Cool. I think it mostly decreases the quality of my wife's sleep :lol:

Thankfully I sleep pretty well. Unfortunatly I also wake up really well whenever I try WBTB or similar, and sleep then evades me until I get bored, then it sneaks up on me and, BAM! it's morning. ;)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 17 Oct 2016 20:35

:lol: :lol:

You can give your wife some ear plugs :lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 03:28

I agree with you Pilgrim about not trying so hard and giving up on the conventional advice and even trying the opposite. In order to lucid dream, first you have to dream in the first place. Trying too hard can lead to insomnia and disappointment. You have to go with the natural flow and only nudge it a little in a direction you want to go. And if it doesn't work, enjoy the dream you had anyway, recall it, write it down, make dreaming a big part of your life, and eventually lucid dreaming should come in time.

However, I disagree that snoring and sleep apnea hinder lucid dreaming. You are absolutely right that it disrupts a good quality sleep and it is for that very reason that I feel it actually helps with lucid dreaming. (Of course don't purposefully block your airways!) But I'm just saying that, I have been told that I snore, and I do wake up several times a night, usually just rolling over and going back to sleep again, so perhaps I do have a mild case of apnea too. I know my mother has a bigger issue with it and it probably runs in the family.

So anyway, for the very fact that I do wake up often in the night, recall my dream, roll over and sleep again, not fully awakening, but in and out of that goldilocks zone of being in a dream and awake, I think it may actually, (by accident mind you), trigger lucid dreaming.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”