Kind of having issues with feelings towards dream characters

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ShadowSJG

Kind of having issues with feelings towards dream characters

Postby ShadowSJG » 08 Sep 2016 04:33

I know this may seem silly to some people but please hear me out. So, we all know that sometimes we feel attached to fictional characters and have 'crushes for fun, nothing serious. That's with me. I sort of have crushes on these characters from a series known as EQG because I thought it was fun to entertain this idea. Nothing too extreme. Of course I still do like real women, but this was something I enjoyed having on the side. I'm 18 and I just started uni and I've been kind of feeling a little bothered that I won't be able to still enjoy this fun as the EQG are 17 and in HS and I'm starting uni and I liked having crushes that weren't creepy. A lucid dreaming goal of mine is to imagine I guess kind of wanting to see what it would be like to date one of them and I worry that I may be too old now to achieve this dream,which sort of bugs mes. It doesn't give me angst or depression or anything but i do worry a little that now I'm too old to still have this little fun and accomplish this dream goal, as it is a motivation for me to Lucid Dream tbh. I know it seems trivial but what do you guys think?

HAGART

Re: Kind of having issues with feelings towards dream characters

Postby HAGART » 16 Sep 2016 06:08

You can't expect your mind to change the instant you turn 18. That's unrealistic.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Dane

Postby Dane » 21 Sep 2016 19:51

let me ask you.
if you WANT to go on a date with a girl in your dream,
WHY would you not go on a date with your dream girl ? :mrgreen:
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

ShadowSJG

Postby ShadowSJG » 18 Oct 2016 20:55

As I said before, I guess I want my crush to feel normal and natural, like something I would feel comfortable doing and canonically, these EQG are 17 year old HS seniors as off the 4th movie. Again, I mentioned how this is big motive for me to lucid dream and create a kind of persistent realm, with me in like the setting. At 18 I am fine as you said before, but the thing is, I missed out a lot of LD practice due to stress and I still haven't had a lucid dream yet. I worry that I might finally only have one when I turn 19 and by then, I might be too old, so I guess I feel like I am running out of time to LD in a way. I know I'll give it up eventually lie when I'm 20 probably but now I don't want to right now or when I turn 19 or feel a need to age them up as I want it to feel normal. Again, I still do like real life woman of course, I just still want to have this little fun. Sorry if this seems silly.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 21:20

I sometimes dream of having sex with my cousins. Forget rules. We all have dirty minds. Allow yourself to explore, and don't feel ashamed. Age is not the issue, inner thought police are. I may have revealed too much, but I bet every normal human does it, and what is 'normal' anyway. Just let your mind be free. Taboo sexual arousal is something we all do, and you aren't even old enough to be considered a pedophile.

Don't worry, be happy!

ShadowSJG

Postby ShadowSJG » 18 Oct 2016 21:59

Well the thing is in my case, does it sound like taboo, I don't want to be, but I am unsure as I said before, I only want to LD about things I would be ok with in real life

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 22:12

I understand. I however like to break barriers and try new things in dreams. Inner thought police will show up sometimes in a dream. Don't worry about it before hand.
I may have sounded like I have no morals, but I do. I just like to test them.

I want you to be free to experiment. Don't limit yourself. And especially at your age, finding girls attractive who happen to be under 18 are so close to your age, so don't worry about it. You aren't a monster or pedophile and Chris Hansen won't show up in your dream.

It's natural at your age. Don't worry about it.

ShadowSJG

Postby ShadowSJG » 19 Oct 2016 01:31

I guess 18 is fine, but I just worry that when I turn 19, I'll have to stop doing it.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 19 Oct 2016 02:54

18 is an arbitrary number from politicians. There has to be some age when parents/guardians are no longer in legal control. If a 20 year old marries a 17 year old, I cannot imagine what is sinful about it. You have to understand that the rules are just to establish orderly society. It is not about true morality.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Oct 2016 07:32

When I was in my early twenties I had a crush on the girls from Sailor Moon. It wasn't even sexual really, but of course is an underlying desire. I use to day dream about dating them and being a boy friend. I started to care for them and wanted to protect them. It awoke a desire in my heart. Even when I was 5 I use to like Daphne from Scooby Doo and it was the same sort of feeling. I didn't know what it was, but I just wanted to hug and protect her. I felt enamored. She was a lot older than me at the time, and it wouldn't have worked out. :D I'm a hopeless romantic about fictional characters and we're all like that. (Don't get me started on Betty and Veronica from Archie comics!)

I bet some women in their 40's who are happily married still lust for boys in One Direction.

You have nothing to worry about, and many others are in the same boat whether they admit it or not.

Sweet dreams, and have fun.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”