Talking to my Younger Self

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Rocksbreeze

Talking to my Younger Self

Postby Rocksbreeze » 12 Sep 2016 06:41

Hello!

So I'm 23 male,and came across the idea of lucid dreaming from watching an American Dad episode, lol. Basically after reading a whole array of different things you can do with this untapped ability we all have, the idea of being able to communicate with myself sounds absolutely perfect to me! Almost like Avatar the last air bender, how Aang can talk to his past lives(at least that's what comes to mind as I read into this). Anyways so I was hoping I could be pointed in the right direction in perusing this ability. Anything will help, feed back is appreciated!
Literature, articles, blogs, other threads and even supplements are what I'm looking for most! Personal expirences regarding the topic above would be even more helpful! Tell me what it was like, how do you know it's real?

TheLAWvirus

Re: Talking to my Younger Self

Postby TheLAWvirus » 13 Sep 2016 21:53

Hey, for the past 6 months I've been trying to lucid dream (trust me it doesn't seem that long) and so far I've had 2 full lucid dreams and a few that were lucid dreams but I woke up before I could do anything. First I began by watching this youtuber https://www.youtube.com/user/GizEdwards , look at some of his older videos about lucid dreaming, I found them helpful so you might do too. Keeping a dream journal is crucial as this will enable you to easy recall your dreams also make sure you have a proper sleep pattern.

The main think that enabled me to lucid dream was a combination of two things: 1) Reality checks, every now and again I count my fingers and repeat 'I'm awake, I'm awake' the idea is that eventually you'll do this so much that you will do it in your dream and realize that something is off (for me I normally have double the amount of fingers or they are blurred). 2) Listening to binaural lucid dream beats, whenever I had a lucid dream I was always listening to these whilst going to sleep (check on youtube there's loads).

If you want any more information just ask, but the main thing is to keep with it because even though it may now happen quickly or often eventually you'll get a break through. Good luck.
Alive? Or just breathing?

Dane

Postby Dane » 15 Sep 2016 10:17

hey matey welcome!

so, you had a LD by binaural beats ?
did you just go to sleep as you normally do, wearing headphones ?
or did you had a program ? ;)
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

TheLAWvirus

Postby TheLAWvirus » 15 Sep 2016 19:51

Hey, at first I just went to sleep listening to some deep sleep binaural beats with headphones, it makes such a difference as I feel my body relax a lot quicker and I am able to fall asleep easier. Then when I wake up usually around 5am I then switch and listen to some pacific lucid dream binaural beats. At first I let my body just try to get back to sleep then when I feel my body beginning to fall into a light sleep I start counting back from 100 while also focusing on the music.
Alive? Or just breathing?

Dane

Postby Dane » 16 Sep 2016 11:46

thank you for sharing matey! :mrgreen:
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”