Lucid Dreams & Periods

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TheLAWvirus

Lucid Dreams & Periods

Postby TheLAWvirus » 14 Sep 2016 19:10

Ok hear me out first.
I know exactly how this is going to sound and trust me this is as awkward to write as it's going to be to read but I'm genuinely confused and amazed by this.

So far I have only had 2 lucid dreams that I can recall, but this is the really strange thing. Every time I have had a lucid dream it has always been on the first day of my period. (I know I'm sorry but I've got to ask because this is really strange). Both this month and last month I've had a lucid dream which has been exactly 1 month and 1 day apart. It sounds strange and it is strange but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
Alive? Or just breathing?

Summerlander

Re: Lucid Dreams & Periods

Postby Summerlander » 14 Sep 2016 21:26

My best guess is that your periods make you self-conscious, one of the main ingredients for lucid dreaming. Other than that, I've never experienced period-induced lucid dreams. I'm a guy. Sorry. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

TheLAWvirus

Postby TheLAWvirus » 14 Sep 2016 21:50

:lol: Thank you (I know it was probably awkward to answer)
Alive? Or just breathing?

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 14 Sep 2016 22:38

Here is an interesting article about the menstrual cycle.
- "9 Things Every Woman Should Know About Menstruation" - huffingtonpost.ca
Info. item # 6 - describes heightened introspection and intuition and greater activity in the right hemisphere of the brain.

Wikipedia has a very detailed article about the monthly shifts in female hormones.
- Article - "Menstrual cycle"
No wonder a woman's moods (and achy belly days) can vary like the phases of the moon.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”