Advice would be much appreciated!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mancitysam

Advice would be much appreciated!

Postby mancitysam » 20 Sep 2016 05:01

Hello Everyone,

Recently I've been having a lot of lucid dreams.... I have never really them this often, however, I do briefly remember having the odd one here or there. For this reason I've never felt the need to look deeply into them, I've just sort of accepted the fact I've had a strange dream and left it at that.

Recently these lucid dreams are becoming very unwanted (I know to a lot of you that may sound daft but I can't take them anymore) and I'd like some advice on how to stop them happening completely.

The dream I had tonight sticks out and has led to me writing this...

I probably fell to sleep around 2.30am and woke up around 4.30am drenched with sweat. The dream itself I was moving to various scenery (notably an old worn down house and also a camping field with just a clubhouse on.

I can't remember too many specifics from the start of the dream but I know for sure it was bad. I remember a knife, blood and just general bad things happening. It then came to the open field and my and a friend had set up a tent on the field without paying. This led to something jumping on my back as I lay in the tent. I could feel his hands so intensely on my back and I had no idea whatsoever that I was dreaming. I could sharply feel 2 small hands poking in my back. So I reached round now thinking I was awake, and I could feel the hands through the gap under my armpit. This had me seriously worried and I just didn't know if I was awake. I then had a ghostly figure at the end of my bed. It was like a transparently jelly to look at but I knew it was the outline of a person. I could feel everything they were doing (moving the quilt on and off my foot). It then turned nasty and had a small rodent attack me. This was more visual and I could see it eyes and teeth as it was on my chest. I began shouting my mum loudly (or at least I thought I was). I was in my room, with a figure stood at the end of my bed and a creature on me and I can't stress enough how deeply I could feel absolutely everything. I thought I was awake so I continued shouting my mum to try and get her to come into my room and then I slowly woke up. I can still feel the hands on my back now and I'm worried how much of this pain I will actually be able to feel if I carry on dreaming this deeply.

Any advice or just a general chat about this would be great?

Thanks in advance :)

Dane

Re: Advice would be much appreciated!

Postby Dane » 20 Sep 2016 07:58

mancitysam wrote:Recently these lucid dreams are becoming very unwanted (I know to a lot of you that may sound daft but I can't take them anymore) and I'd like some advice on how to stop them happening completely.

hey dude,
naah it doesn't sound daft, sometimes now is not the right time ;)

however..
have you tried confronting these bad situations ?
it sounds like you need more confidence to stand up to these figures ;)
next time these situations happen, ask why.
go into conversation with these figures, mostly they simply seek to reintegrate/ be acceptated.
(by none other then you)

and if all else fails, you can try to revert to the point where your awareness was too "small" to LD.
alcohol is perfect for this since its one of the best mind-killer i've personally come across.
go to a party, drink heavily, have FUN, kiss some girls, and afterwards sleep like a baby ;)
( no doubt you know to be cautious with alcohol consumption! )
( and i would seriously recommend trying to confront your LD situations :) )

Best of luck matey!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

jasmine2

Re: Advice would be much appreciated!

Postby jasmine2 » 20 Sep 2016 22:10

You describe how, in part of your lucid dream, you were frightened by a ghostly figure near your bed and the sensation of hands on your back. This sounds similar to phenomena often encountered during sleep paralysis.

I recommend website - dreamstudies.org - hosted by Ryan Hurd
Click tab - Sleep paralysis - (about 20 articles)
See especially - "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis"
Includes - "The Ultimate method" - Scrunch up you face, then growl and snarl several times.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”