Can't get into dream state!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ren

Can't get into dream state!

Postby Ren » 20 Sep 2016 20:25

Hi everyone who's reading this!
I have quite a massive problem with lucid dreaming. Actually, getting into a lucid dream is the problem. I've been trying to lucid dream for quite a while now. I don't try to do it every night. Long story short I DO practice it, but not so frequently. Btw I try WILD method. Anyways, the problem I have is that when I go to bed, chill down and don't move for a while, I get into a certain state where I see a littlebit of colors and feel very relaxed but that's it. I can't get past it, I just lay in that same state until I move my body because I just get tired of trying. It's like I start to feel how my thoghts start to flow on their own, but then suddenly I remember that I'm trying a lucid dream and then I've lost it again. I tried somekind of a 1 hour long sound file, there's a guy who tells me what I should relax and what to think, but that still doesn't work on me, however my friend got into a sleep state in 10-15 minutes listening to it. I also have this weird twitching like, when I start trying a WILD, my head or some other place twitches a little and that slows down the process. AAAaand there's also a problem with swallowing. Everytime I'm trying a WILD, I feel this urge to swallow. Honestly I feel pretty hopeless because nobody else seems to have these kind of problems. Any kind of help would be Appriciated.

Keeboard

Re: Can't get into dream state!

Postby Keeboard » 21 Sep 2016 23:47

WILD may not be for you. Are you trying it in the middle of the night? It works best (for most people) if you wake up during the night. You could try doing multiple reality checks during the day. That way, you'll eventually start to do them in dreams, realizing you're dreaming. You also need to practice frequently, not on and off. Hope I helped!
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

Ren

Re: Can't get into dream state!

Postby Ren » 23 Sep 2016 20:57

Hi Keeboard. Thank you for replying.
I have tried to wake up in the middle of the night only few times. I set an alarm to about 4 AM in the morning, it woke me up, I turned it off, tried to do WILD but I fell asleep. I read, that to do it properly, I must wake up, turn the alarm off, stay awake for about 30 minutes and then try it. I haven't tried it that way yet but I will. I also had a question: If I get to a lucid dream using reality checks, does that rise my chance to do one with the WILD method?

Return to “For Beginners”