Mourning in Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
star64rogue

Mourning in Dream

Postby star64rogue » 22 Sep 2016 22:11

Hi everyone! Miss failure is back.
I had a little question I need quick response on.
Recently, I seem to be "depressed" in ways, I know it has many reasons which came together at the proper moment to break my heart, but it has one remedy I'm sure of, it's the actress who put me in this way (and of course, it was the director in the first place, but, just leave it for now, it's a long story...). I usually melt into the character I want (usually the main character), when I see an emotional movie (not romantic, not at all!), but it usually fails at some point, is it director's fault or the actor's. However, she, despite all those few little directing mistakes, kept it up fluently and when the story was meant to break her emotions completely, I broke with her as well (not to mention the background obsession I had to her).
Okay, that was just to empty myself...
Now, I need to get her in my dreams and talk to her, but the question is, can I cry with her? Won't it break my dream world down? Won't it cause me a lucid nightmare?
Thanks.
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

jasmine2

Re: Mourning in Dream

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Sep 2016 02:41

The ancient Greeks realized that watching the performance of a dramatic play could produce a feeling of catharsis in the audience - a process of releasing and relief from strong or repressed emotions.

Here are some interesting resources regarding - working with nightmares, engaging with characters in dreams and in active imagination, managing emotional challenges, enhancing intuition, and developing creativity in dreams and in artistic expression.

(1) Article - "Getting Rid of Repeating Nightmares: A Simple ..." - huffingtonpost.com - by Belleruth Naparstek

(2) lucidity.com - "Chapter 10: Overcoming Nightmares"
(from book - "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" - by S. LaBerge and H. Rheingold
See subsection - "Practicum for Overcoming Nightmares"

(3) Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner
- Chapt. 5 - Independent agents and the Voice of the unconscious
- Chapt. 11 - Varieties of dream figures

(4) Article - "10 things to ask your lucid dreaming self" by Rebecca Turner - world-of-lucid-dreaming.com

(5) Website - Judith Orloff MD/ Intuition, Empath Support ... judithorloff.com
Click tab - "Dr. Orloff's Blogs" - Scroll down titles on right side of page.

- Books by Dr. Orloff
-"Emotional Freedom"
- "Second Sight: An Intuitive Psychiatrist ..."
At - Amazon - click - look inside - 1st pages - Chapt 8 (pg. 204) "The Alchemy of Dreams"

(6) Book - "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield

(7) Book - "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" by Carl Jung"
At - Amazon - look inside - 1st pages - Chapt. - VI
Dr. Jung, during a period of great tension and conflict, experimented with consciously entering his own fantasies and engaging with his inner voices, and he personifies his emotions by translating them into images.

(8) YouTube - " Gateways Live Interview with Dr. Clare Johnson, author and lucid dream researcher"

(9) YouTube - "Your Elusive Creative Genius - Elizabeth Gilbert" TED Talks
(over 2 million views)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 23 Sep 2016 10:46

Nice job, Jasmine, with taking the time and effort to compile resources. :)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 23 Sep 2016 10:48

star64rogue wrote:Now, I need to get her in my dreams and talk to her, but the question is, can I cry with her? Won't it break my dream world down? Won't it cause me a lucid nightmare?
Thanks.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 23 Sep 2016 10:56

If you are very lucid, it is hard to have nightmares, because you realize it as only illusion. I still find it somewhat scary to leap off a building at times (when I have partial lucidity from doubt).

The more lucid, the less fear.

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 23 Sep 2016 14:08

Ah, thanks, but I wasn't really talking about fear, I was talking about emotions, heavy loads of uncontrollable emotions which are not caused inside the dream, but a memory, or a trigger...
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”