Newbie saying hello and help

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
QueenofGold

Newbie saying hello and help

Postby QueenofGold » 25 Sep 2016 07:52

Hi Everyone!

Nice to meet you all and happy to be on this journey.

Whilst I have known about Lucid dreaming for years I have never thought I could do it but here I am willing to give it a go....

HOWEVER I cant remember any of my dreams!! I have been going to bed early and waking up a couple of hours earlier so I can go in and out of that dream/awake state but still cant remember any.

I am setting my intent during the day whenever I think of it and listening to the night time download as I go to sleep at night but so far zilch ... any suggestions?

Pilgrim

Re: Newbie saying hello and help

Postby Pilgrim » 25 Sep 2016 09:40

Hello Queen!

One thing you might wish to consider to enhance dream vividness and memorability is nutrition, including sufficient choline in your diet. Choline is a natural first consideration because other sleep/dream supplementation requires more effort to consider medical history and tolerance.

A second thing to consider is whether you might have any sleeping disorders. I know a person that said he never dreamed until he addressed obstructive sleep apnea.

If you do reality checks, and consequently happen to become lucid in a dream, I doubt that you will forget such dream.

Good luck and welcome here!

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 26 Sep 2016 01:16

I suggest -
Keep a notepad and pencil at bedside. If you wake up at night, even just a bit, lie still briefly, and mentally feel for any stray fragment of a dream - a feeling, emotion, sensation, sound, voice, thought, or vague image of a scene, character or object.

Then, without turning on the light, try to write down a few words or sketch a partial image of any remembered dream content. When you look at these scribbles in the morning, they may trigger a little more dream recall.

Over time, try keeping a dream journal, even if the early dream descriptions or sketches are limited. Give titles to your dreams.

Also, you can choose a meaningful picture, or small sculpture, or some object which has an interesting color or texture or sound, or which provides kinesthetic feedback, like tossing a bean bag from hand to hand. Concentrate on this object each night before going to sleep, and imagine looking for it in a dream.

QueenofGold

Postby QueenofGold » 26 Sep 2016 01:49

Thank you Jasmine and Pilgrim :)

I have my journal ready to go and will give the choline and the bean bag idea a go

I did try drinking water last night and intending that I will remember my dream whilst drinking it but no luck, will keep going though as I used to remember them I just haven't in a long time and really want to give this a go

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Sep 2016 06:48

We've all got crazy suggestions and I now envision you taking shots of choline while juggling bean bags. :D Everything is worth a try if it doesn't hurt you.

I have some advice to add to the mix. Try waking up in the middle of the night and going back to sleep again. That helps a lot in my experience. We remember dreams best when we wake up during them, and WBTB (wake back to bed) is a common term thrown around here which is very helpful and taken for granted because it's so easy.

Even if you barely know the dream, at least write what you can. Good advice all, and I never heard of choline, but will think about that.

I also need to buy some hacky sacks now.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 26 Sep 2016 10:20

HAGART wrote:I now envision you taking shots of choline while juggling bean bags. :D

...I also need to buy some hacky sacks now.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 26 Sep 2016 10:28

Too funny!!! :lol:

Several web pages list choline-rich foods. Here is one.

http://livewell.jillianmichaels.com/list-foods-contain-choline-5154.html

Return to “Introduce Yourself”