Almost Sleep Paralysis

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Pilgrim

Almost Sleep Paralysis

Postby Pilgrim » 25 Sep 2016 10:20

I have been a fairly successful lucid dreamer, but have never experienced sleep paralysis. Yesterday, I think that I came close. Although, I am not particularly trying to experience this state. (For any newbies, sleep paralysis is awareness of a natural paralysis to your body that occurs when sleeping, which can be frightening.)

I felt and heard some buzzing near my head, as I was about to sleep. Then, a slight pop to the head. I wear a sleep mask to keep out light, but I could see some light near the edge of it. I could not defy gravity up from the bed, and decided that I was awake.

I experience the sequence of buzz and pop a second time. I was, with great effort, able to separate out of the bed into the dream. Because, of the difficulty and sensation of resistance in getting up from the bed (dream body), it reinforced in my mind that I might have been close to experiencing sleep paralysis.

I have read/heard many accounts of paralysis being a state that scary figures appear. So, I was expecting a monster figure to appear. I looked into the doorway, realizing that expectation itself often generates dream illusion. But nothing. No monster.

So, I continued the dream as I often have beginning from the bedroom, by trying to fly. (I find that flying through the exterior wall to the outdoors reinforces the reality of the dream and frees mental constraints.) I got stuck in the wall on this occasion. And, the dream faded. The entire dream was not as stable and vivid as some dreams are. It was an interesting experience, however.

Haradaska

Re: Almost Sleep Paralysis

Postby Haradaska » 25 Sep 2016 17:02

I have a part of me that wants to get into sleep paralysis (from curiosity), and another that never wants it to happen based on what ive heard about it.
"my friend urinated on my pc"~Computer troubleshooting sub

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 26 Sep 2016 07:39

Same here. It sounds like people often have difficulty breathing, even if a demon figure is not choking the neck.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 26 Sep 2016 23:22

I recommend article -
- "9 ways to wake up from sleep paralysis" - by Ryan Hurd - sleepstudies.org
Click tab "sleep paralysis" for additional articles.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 27 Sep 2016 08:37

Thanks, Jasmine. The "server" is not responding for me on the link that you provided. I think I recall that you had suggested somewhere to scrunch one's face a few times in order to wake. So far, I have never wished for illusions to end while I am aware (lucid). Although, I can see how it might be desirable to wake fully if one feels unable to breathe or to move.

irishphoenix

Postby irishphoenix » 29 Sep 2016 23:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXAc4h8gRF4
i just found this link i think it could help somehow idk
dont live life control life

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”