My dream journey

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
zwîvel

My dream journey

Postby zwîvel » 27 Sep 2016 22:03

Hi guys,

I introduced myself about two weeks ago. As it is some part of my process, I'll share my experiences so far.

I've been writing in my dream journal every day for three weeks now. I'm proud that it has become a habit ;). So first goal is reached.
The second one that I sleep at least 6+ hours for two weeks is done as well ^^. So far I've to say it helped to start with such small goals.
It feels good.

In the past three weeks I've remembered at least one dream in 16/21 days. There have been ups and downs. If I remembered I was happy like a little chipmunk^^ and if I didn't remember I got frustrated.

My lessons for remembering dreams
  1. Even if you don't remember anything upon waking just keep writing down whats on your mind and suddenly it appears
    (sometimes not ^^).
  2. Letting go of wanting to remember let me remember as well. But I've to say for me letting go is not easy at all ;)
  3. What if I fail? What if I don't remember? - so to speak despair. It didn't help ;). But at some point if it got too bad it kind of was a kicker.
    I want it. I can do it. So there is no way around it. It is supposed to be easy, so why pussy out. Fuck it i do it!
  4. I see how important it is to be clear and focused on what I wish for. The good thing is now I have a good reason why I want to improve that.

Reality Checking
  1. I started out with remembering one item a day and everytime I see this item I'll do a reality check. It worked for a few days and then I couldn't/didn't want to find an item. I'd say this way seems not to be for me.
  2. After that I thought I try to do it on the fly if something weird happens I'll do one. This is kind of ok, but not that much weird things did happen, at least what I would define as weird. I might have to change my perspective ^^
  3. And then I thought I'll try to do a fix number of checks and they all start with the following steps one after another concentrating on
    each one: see, hear (eyes closed), feel (eyes closed) ---> after that do a reality check

So as you can see I haven't quite decided/found a way yet that suits me best :D.

I became lucid once during that time, it ended pretty fast! But that experience is for a different topic.

So that's it for the start. I'm going to define new goals and let you know how it is going.

regards,
zwîvel

HAGART

Re: My dream journey

Postby HAGART » 28 Sep 2016 03:41

It's good to make a thread to map your progress, and keep us posted. It didn't have to be off-topic, but it's as good a place as any.
I think you are already on your way and don't need me to add anything.

I read it, liked it, and say continue on with the journey because most questions you are answering yourself, which is basically what I do too. I never read a single book on how to lucid dream. I just learn through trial and error.

(And talking here online of course, sharing ideas)

If you have any specific question, I will answer. But sometimes we just need someone to say, carry on and keep it up!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

zwîvel

Re: My dream journey

Postby zwîvel » 28 Sep 2016 17:47

Indeed.

Thank you!

Return to “Off-Topic”