New to the community but not lucid dreaming

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Own-the-noughts

New to the community but not lucid dreaming

Postby Own-the-noughts » 28 Sep 2016 22:25

Hello peeps,
My name is Samantha or Sam or even Spam depending on who introduces me, anyway on here I've gone for own-the-noughts because its kind of like how the official name for lucid dreamers sounds like, which is Oneironauts.

I've been a lucid dreamer since I was a very young child, one night after having a nightmare I decided not to have them anymore and on my own I discover lucid dreaming, of course I didn't have a name for it at the time.

I view lucid dreaming like watching a movie, well directing a movie. I can pause them, change the script, replay them. I can do pretty much anything I can imagine. I can also decide on what to dream about before I go a sleep. I really like revisiting my dreams, one of them was a world I created and I kind of went OTT with it but I really enjoyed making it. I was thinking of making a book form it.

I'm really interested in learning about other peoples personal experiences and if anyone hears from anyone thats about to do any new research in the UK please give me a shout because I would be very interested in participating.

If you have any suggestions on any good research thats already been made thats you think I should read please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for reading this.

Slykly

Re: New to the community but not lucid dreaming

Postby Slykly » 29 Sep 2016 05:20

Interesting you can choose dream before sleeping. I can sense how strong my dreams are going to be before sleeping and was wondering what that may evolve into. I never go a night without dreaming and remember everything. I control dreams frequent but not always. Definately prefer random uncontrolled dreams that I believe are really happening because I feel rested in morning. Even if I'm in a parachute breaking apart trying to keep from falling like last night. Anyway, do you feel rested after lucid dreaming? After controlling your dreams, knowing you are sleeping are you not tired from adventuring all night? It has been a problem for me and wondering if others feel the same. Sorry I have no research info for ya. Seeking my own research from an experienced person who recently posted.

Peter

Re: New to the community but not lucid dreaming

Postby Peter » 30 Sep 2016 06:44

Hi and welcome and much the same in a lot of ways. I am really interested in research and taking part in studes and have done a few over the years. If anything comes up or if you find anything let me know and I will do the same for you

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Introduce Yourself”