Strangest thing I have seen so far in dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Haradaska

Strangest thing I have seen so far in dreaming

Postby Haradaska » 01 Oct 2016 18:35

Last night, I had a dream where a voice came out of no where. It said: You are in control. This is strange enough that something in my dream was trying to get me lucid, but I didn't go lucid. That is the weird part. Instead of going lucid, my dream self kind of took control for a couple of seconds doing completely random things. Note that I was not barley lucid when all of this happened. I'm wondering, has anyone else had a similar experience? also note that this was not the whole dream. Before this happened I was like in a kitchen with my bigger sister. So a voice just came out of nowhere and said this.
"my friend urinated on my pc"~Computer troubleshooting sub

Summerlander

Re: Strangest thing I have seen so far in dreaming

Postby Summerlander » 02 Oct 2016 00:35

It's intriguing. A couple of nights ago a voice spoke to me in a dream, too. I was before two doors and a voice said, 'This door represents the world you already know; the other hides a world you don't know.' I picked the latter.

When I opened the unknown world door I was impressed by a squared-paper world where ostensibly 3D structures could reveal themselves to be 2D and vice versa. And the voice said, 'You see those apertures ... Are they real or fake?' And then I woke up.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 03 Oct 2016 23:04

In his informative and insightful book, "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self", Robert Waggoner has descriptions of dreams in which a loud voice suddenly speaks from the sky, or unexpected objects, characters, scenes, or actions manifest. He suggests that such dreams may be demonstrations of the spontaneous, creative, wise, energy of the hidden awareness behind dreaming.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 04 Oct 2016 00:24

In Christian history, the second letter down on this link is a letter of Augustine in 415 AD regarding a physician who had lucidity in dream. It documents the perceived messenger's argument with the physician that consciousness can exist apart from physical, as the messenger argued that the physician could now see even though his eyes were closed in bed.

https://wesleygospel.com/2014/04/20/augustine-on-dreams-john-boruff/

yosa2

Postby yosa2 » 12 Oct 2016 02:07

Never had an experience were a voice from nowhere instructs me, but I have had characters become part of the dream that seamed to support and relate to me and the dream in question. Its odd as hell when I wake from those, I usually chalk it up to my mind trying to cope with the situation within the dream, but it doesn't hold water with a few dreams over the years.

Now the weirdest dream I ever get is when I know im dreaming, then find logic or memory take precedence over my control(or some wierd memory from my subconscious); as in im in a forest, and I think the brush is thick, then in becomes a wall of thorns, forcing me back to the house, and I've lived in an apartment most my live, in the city.

My worst is realizing I can be phased because its a dream, then thinking why dont I sink through the earth, then I do.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”