First time Aware of dreaming

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
BeenHere

First time Aware of dreaming

Postby BeenHere » 02 Oct 2016 20:51

Hello, guys!

I am a new lucid dreamer and have not really experienced anything major yet. Last night I did, however, experience something worth telling about. It was one of those dreams where I realise I was dreaming inside the dream.

---

I was walking around in the convenient store I work at, and one of my friend's brother comes over to me. He points at some ice cream and tells me that they are new (I know, it does not make sense.) I walk over to them and think to myself "yeah, I have never seen those before." And then the thought strikes me that I could be dreaming. (I do not remember doing any reality checks, however, I remember that I was 100% certain I was dreaming.) Somehow I managed to keep my chill and did not freak out. I remember reading about rubbing your hands together, so that is what I tried to do. But as a tried to get my hands next to each other, there was a really hard pressure that I could not control. Kind of when you're underwater and moving your arms, it is harder and slower to do. Just like that, just way more pressure. And as I struggled to get my hands together, the dream started to collapse. Then it became more and more blurry, and suddenly i just snapped into my bed awake...

---

Overall, I would say that it was a pretty cool experience, and it has now lead me to try and do FILD. I will probably write some updates onto this forum.

Please tell me what you think happened and what I can do better next time :D :D :D

ReallyGayPerson

Re: First time Aware of dreaming

Postby ReallyGayPerson » 02 Oct 2016 23:14

Just wanted to say:
I also had my first lucid dream last night! I also did all the things I remember reading about and mine also collapsed after achieving lucidity. :D It's a cool experience isn't it! I think you handled it well, and if not then I didn't either!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”