Was that really a Lucid Dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Clxrk

Was that really a Lucid Dream?

Postby Clxrk » 03 Oct 2016 19:53

Hello,

newly registered and pumped for my sleep in a few hours, I would like to discuss a dream I had this night / morning.
I wrote some notes in my dream journal, which I started 2 days ago. (One dream, and the second one was the one I am describing now.)
02.10 -> 03.10 at 9:06 am

I was sleeping in my bed, my room was dark but not too dark (early like 7 am). I laid on the site looking to the right wall.
When I realized I was sleeping (I don't know if it was my 'real' (non dream) consciousness or my dream consciousnes), I got really warm and my eye sight slowly became like a TV static. I then told myself to calm down as I might be in a Lucid Dream.
I rolled to my back and looked at the ceiling. It looked like stone was carved in, like on an old church or something like that.
When I looked to my left wall, it looked like it was a projector wall. I then did a dream check, my left hand had 6 fingers, then I looked at my right hand and it had 5.
I quickly checked my other hand again and it had 5 fingers again.
Since I have a digital alarm clock, I looked at it, and it showed '7:74' so I realized, these are characteristics of Lucid Dreams.
I thought about having an old school friend behind my door but it didn't work and I woke up.

So now to the questions.

Was it an actual Lucid Dream? Or did I dream about having those Reality Checks? Prior that morning, I watched a few videos (around 8pm).
Why couldn't I 'summon' that friend? How does that work?

Thanks for any answers and happy dreaming!

dayzrp

Re: Was that really a Lucid Dream?

Postby dayzrp » 03 Oct 2016 19:59

I do think you had a lucid dream but im a noob so i dont know 100%

dizzyuluru

Re: Was that really a Lucid Dream?

Postby dizzyuluru » 03 Oct 2016 23:06

Clxrk wrote:Hello,

newly registered and pumped for my sleep in a few hours, I would like to discuss a dream I had this night / morning.
I wrote some notes in my dream journal, which I started 2 days ago. (One dream, and the second one was the one I am describing now.)
02.10 -> 03.10 at 9:06 am

I was sleeping in my bed, my room was dark but not too dark (early like 7 am). I laid on the site looking to the right wall.
When I realized I was sleeping (I don't know if it was my 'real' (non dream) consciousness or my dream consciousnes), I got really warm and my eye sight slowly became like a TV static. I then told myself to calm down as I might be in a Lucid Dream.
I rolled to my back and looked at the ceiling. It looked like stone was carved in, like on an old church or something like that.
When I looked to my left wall, it looked like it was a projector wall. I then did a dream check, my left hand had 6 fingers, then I looked at my right hand and it had 5.
I quickly checked my other hand again and it had 5 fingers again.
Since I have a digital alarm clock, I looked at it, and it showed '7:74' so I realized, these are characteristics of Lucid Dreams.
I thought about having an old school friend behind my door but it didn't work and I woke up.

So now to the questions.

Was it an actual Lucid Dream? Or did I dream about having those Reality Checks? Prior that morning, I watched a few videos (around 8pm).
Why couldn't I 'summon' that friend? How does that work?

Thanks for any answers and happy dreaming!

Well, having a lucid dream isn't necessarily being able to do specific things in your dream, it's just knowing that you're in a dream. From what you're describing, I'd say this is a lucid dream much like my first (and only) lucid dream. You realized you were in a dream, but you woke up before you could do anything.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”