wild help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bathory

wild help

Postby Bathory » 03 Oct 2016 22:09

Hi, I wanted to ask a few questions on wild(ing) and stuff related to it. I already tried to wild several times by just laying on my back and not moving at all but the problem is that after a while the muscles in my stomach and chest start to tense up suddenly, which obviously is not beneficial for letting the body fall asleep, or I just simply don't fall asleep. What I almost always get tough, is a numb feeling primarily in my arms, but I can always move if I want to and the numbness is gone, so it doesn't seem to be related to sp (or am I wrong?). So what I wanted to ask is: Are there any tricks to let my body fall asleep faster and is not moving the key or should I focus on something else? I'm also curious on how you can tell you get close to the transition state, so basically what does it feel like just before you go into sp or in a dream.

(Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.)

Im looking forward to your answers.

Bathory

Marklar

Re: wild help

Postby Marklar » 07 Oct 2016 13:18

Hello There! I'm having exactly the same problem as Bathory described. I can't seem to relax the muscles in my stomach, chest, and the neck, these muscles are just too tense, while arms and legs are very relaxed.

Looking forward for any tips too!

Dane

Postby Dane » 07 Oct 2016 18:26

Bathory wrote:Hi,

Marklar wrote:Hi,

Hey Bathory, Marklar,

have you tried breathing excercises to calm your muscle's ?
i guessing your tension might be caused by your excitement, how subtle it might be.

first every time you move, the "SP-countdown" resets, so first off, stop moving.
if your mind is making your body(parts) to move, your body knows the mind is still awake. ;)

it could help you to focus on something, for example a mental image of a place you favor.

personally i try not to focus too much on the show.
however hypnagogic hallucination's do give me a hint. ;) ( although it does not persé mean i will effectively enter my dream. )

i hope this will help you on your way. :mrgreen:

Best of Luck matey's!! :mrgreen:
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Marklar

Postby Marklar » 08 Oct 2016 04:31

Thanks for the reply, Dane! I think you might be right about the excitment being in the way. Usually after a while of relaxing it feels like my mind focuses on the feeling of tension and not being able to relax some muscles... Then everything is just spoiled, the frustration arsises, and no point in continuing.

Dane

Postby Dane » 08 Oct 2016 10:08

Marklar wrote:Thanks for the reply, Dane! I think you might be right about the excitment being in the way. Usually after a while of relaxing it feels like my mind focuses on the feeling of tension and not being able to relax some muscles... Then everything is just spoiled, the frustration arsises, and no point in continuing.

No problem, but it is the mind that spoils it for you, not the tension.
With all due respect, but letting the frustration get to you, means your not ready at this point.
I'm not saying you can't ever do a Wild, because you can, you just need some mental training. ;)
Train your mind in letting go of emotions, thoughts and feelings.
(Hence why i suggested breathing exercises/meditation)

Don't underestimated the need to stay focussed and as emotional neutral as possible while inside your dream.
(Which i find harder to do in my dreams, then in "waking life".)

No doubt you already know this, but Wild is considered an advanced technique.
Also, i assume that you also do WBTB's ?

Best of Luck!

Bathory

Postby Bathory » 09 Oct 2016 00:07

Thanks for your answers. So I guess the body recognizes that you're still awake if you still have some tension in your muscles. So the best way is to keep still but not concentrating on your body but on something else?

Dane

Postby Dane » 09 Oct 2016 20:00

Bathory wrote:Thanks for your answers. So I guess the body recognizes that you're still awake if you still have some tension in your muscles. So the best way is to keep still but not concentrating on your body but on something else?

honestly i don't know if you may say it as such.

but your body definently recognises the difference between a conscious movement and a involuntary movement. ( such as hypnic jerk's )

despite that a Wild is considered an advanced technique, you don't actually do anything :P

you may concentrate on your body(parts) if you find that easier.
i myself, rather not.
when i watch the show, i easily get too engaged in it, which distracts me from my goal.

perhaps you could lower the bar for yourself to get acquinted with its aspects.
set your goal for SP instead of a Wild, and gradually climb upwards from there ;) ;)

Return to “For Beginners”