Hello lucid dreaming people

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Sunflowerbader

Hello lucid dreaming people

Postby Sunflowerbader » 04 Oct 2016 21:06

Hi all. Pleased to meet you.

I have been getting back into LD after a long time off. I found out about it watching Waking Life. It's a great movie if you haven't seen it. I almost got there last time, with a few lucid dream into overexcitement wake up efforts. That was back in 2002 when I was just in it for the flying and sex.

I have been doing my New dream journal since the beginning of September and it has been a great experience. Still no lucid dreams but lots that come close, and a lot of dreams that I have really enjoyed remembering. I am more relaxed about what I will do with lucidity when it comes my way and in the mean time I have enjoyed the increased daily self-awareness, and I think that my family and friends have too. I have really enjoyed some of the new insights that I have had about myself and I am grateful to all of the people who take the time to share their experiences of lucid dream work.

Today I found some mugwort at work so I have planted some in my garden and hung some up to dry. I also found a rusty old crow bar. Bonus 8-)

This evening I was sitting in my daughter's room while she fell asleep and I managed to recapture a dream from last night and I made a deal with the characters from it that I would meet them all later for a cup of mugwort tea.

Great to say hi, and I look forward to sharing some dream business with you all.

P. S.

My username was meant to be Sunflowerbadger, not bader! Can anyone change that?

Pilgrim

Re: Hello lucid dreaming people

Postby Pilgrim » 06 Oct 2016 01:52

Welcome! I am not sure whether anyone with ability to help you change your username will respond. You could probably just create a new login and not use the old one.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 11 Oct 2016 09:06

It's cool. I'm getting used to being a bader. :lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Oct 2016 09:01

I saw you around these parts in the rest of the forum, so it was nice to see your introduction. Mine is buried deep, and I think it's the second one.

I never tried mugwort, but it sounds like a Harry Potter concoction, but I'm willing to experiment, and plan to try Galantamine one day. Why not? I've been a natural lucid dreamer, progressing over time, but like to try new things.

There are legends that say a moderator may be able to change your name, but if not, get use to bader. If they don't listen or want to reason, use that old, rusty crowbar to persuade them. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 15 Oct 2016 11:41

It must be interesting being a natural lucid dreamer. I am talking to my two-year-old about dreams in case I can help her to lucid dream from an early age.

My brother won't let go odd the crow bar since I gave it to him :D

I'm such a bade ass :lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Oct 2016 20:14

I have a hard time teaching, and wouldn't know where to begin. We can only let others experiment and then guide them if they have trouble. Well, I guess that is a good way to teach actually. Have a laissez-fair attitude and let others discover their own abilities on their own like Yoda with Luke. And never forget that you, yourself can always learn more too, and keep up the practice. Although I did naturally become a lucid dreamer without the need for books or "how to" lessons, there are still things to practice and upkeep such as dream journaling, and Wake Back to Bed. I actually don't do it naturally per se, but have naturally started using the techniques because I was always enthralled with dreaming. There is still a whole practice surrounding lucid dreaming kind of like a martial art. You just have to love to do it, and you won't even realize you are putting in any effort at all.

As for your name. It could be worse. It could be more bad. It could be badder. :)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”